TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1973 Javelin Key and Headlight buzzer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1973 Javelin Key and Headlight buzzer
    Posted: May/25/2023 at 1:51pm
I'm finishing restoring my car and need help to understand what the Headlight and key buzzer actually  looks like for a 1973 Javelin AMX. On the main harness there is a pink single plug and a Black w/tracer single plug that I believe plugs into the the buzzer and routes back to the door (black with tracer), lights (brown wire) and Pink Wire to the column for the key. I think I understand the routing but the wires and the electric plugs do not match the buzzer (see pictures). Question is,  do I have the right buzzer or is there something else I should be using. This is the one I took off before restoration, but don't know why it doesn't connect properly. The harness was cut up pretty bad so I put in a new on from H&M. An exact reproduction for a 1973 w/air.  Everything else is working correctly. Can another send me a picture of the correct buzzer for my car or tell me where I'm going wrong?

http://drive.google.com//d/1mbACx0ecRDyLLsCxsR6GiqrzgP4oA5lA/view?usp=sharing - http://drive.google.com/file/d/1uE0Ufv-Xc2k76s5DWoYtNXg3aHEZQlqF/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Jom1 - May/25/2023 at 2:22pm
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2023 at 4:58pm
yep, that's the buzzer... there are many connections that can get crossed when removed from original connections. A 73 TSM will give you a wiring diagram, and some images around various sections pertaining to electrical connections.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
Jom1 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2023 at 12:53pm
Thanks for the response! I least I'm not going crazy. I took it off during the restoration, but thought maybe the pervious owner changed something and I have the wrong buzzer. One other question. The M&H harness has separate single plugs for both the pink and the black wire w/white tracer. My old harness had them gained together (male plug) and that is how the buzzer plug is connected to connect directly to the harness. The wires (Black w/chaser and Pink) on the old harness are actually much longer with the female double plug at the end. Makes sense to actually reach the dash where the buzzer is mounted. My thought is to either modify the harness with a double gain plug to fit the buzzer or change the double plug on the buzzer to 2 singles. The brown wire will also need a new bullet end to fit on the light switch wire. I can make all those changes very easily, but struggle why it doesn't work. Either M&H modified the harness or the wiring schematic is not right. It shows the brown wire and pink together, but that will not worked based on the buzzer. Any thoughts would be appreciate. I'm usually pretty good with wiring, but this one has me stumped. I'm I just not seeing it correctly?Cry     
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic