TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1973 Gremlin Project.... "The Demise of Sanity"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by blumontag blumontag wrote:

Power!
Thanks..! 
More like "torque monster"...!! 
I was kind of disappointed in the power output of the naturally asperated dyno... I was hoping for closer to 500 or more.
But if I do juice it, I don't think that it will be very street friendly and that would basically make it strictly a strip car...
Heck.. It's a handful to drive now...!!!  LOL  LOL
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 4:53pm
One car car show this morning.
Girlfriend had to take her car to the dealership where she purchased it for an oil change...
She wanted me to pick her up in the Gremlin, so I did. 
Drew quite the sales people to come and google at it...
Opened the cut outs and gave it a little gas. One of the salesmen said every "old person" in the show room looked directly this way when I did. LOL
This dealership has a huge car show in late August to coincide with the "Hot August Nights" that the city puts on. Hopefully it will happen this year and I won't be at work when it happens. 

Just wanted to add something...
When I sent my rotating assembly to be balanced, the guy doing the job stated that the flywheel and the harmonic balancer wasn't even close to be neutral balanced. (as they were supposed to be)
He was able to complete the internal balance, but it cost me a little bit more then I was expecting.Ouch
And my compression ratio is a little bit higher then what I was hoping for also. 
Looking at about 12.3 to 1 with a .35 head gasket. Looks like I'll be having to run race gas in it when I do the swap. 

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2021 at 6:52pm

Got my new "vanity" plates for my Gremlin...
I'm surprised to get them as someone might take offence to them. Embarrassed
I had a set quite a few years back that said "SKDMARK" and the Idaho DOT found them offensive after having them for nearly 2 years on my car. As SKDMARK has a plural meaning. They found it offensive as it refers to, this is a quote from the Idaho DOT... 
"fecal material in ones underwear" and not as a skid mark on the road. LOL
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2021 at 6:25am
Who really cares what you have in your drawers? If you want to advertise what could be a medical condition (or just plain bad hygiene)....
Frank Swygert
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2021 at 8:42am
This is when I knew that we were doomed as a society Frank...
Around in 2010 I was living and working on the West coast of Washington. (Everett area) Worked for National Food Corp. Largest chicken egg distributor and supplier in the pacific northwest. I was a yard dog operator. Took care of all the trailers, cleaned them, ect.. ect. 
They had a fire at one of their chicken facilities. So I had all this crap from the fire in the warehouse, and all we would do is shuffle all this crap from one facility to the next. They had a 58 foot 3 axle trailer and my co-worker and I would just stuff this trailer full of this half burnt, garbage that nobody wanted to go to another warehouse for storage. There was a driver named Dick and that was his assigned trailer. We wrote on the back of the trailer on the roll up door, "Dicks big load" in all the dirt and muck on the back door. 
After about a week, the trailer would make the rounds and be back at my warehouse. A driver pulled up, got out and was pissed off that he had been pulled over by the Washington State Patrol. 
Someone had seen the "Dicks big load" written on the back of the trailer and called the cops because they were "offended" by it. 
I mean really..?!?! It wasn't like we scrawled a big dick or anything on the back of the trailer. It just said, "Dicks Big Load". We both thought it was a joke, and so did the driver that got pulled over. 
That was the day when I knew that as a society that we were doomed. 
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2021 at 12:47pm

Did a poker run yesterday. First 20 minutes into it, my clutch rod decided to take a dump. The cheap plastic piece broke off the clutch rod. Spent most of the afternoon getting it fixed, so we missed most chances for getting cards. But, we made it up the river to Kamiah Idaho to the main shindig about 65 miles one way. 7 cars for the "car show". My friends 69 Hemi Road Runner went too fast over a bump in a construction zone on the way back and took out his oil pan. Had to trailer it back. Then when I finally got home, I found out that I was spewing antifreeze out of either the thermostat housing or the upper radiator hose and my steering box is leaking. 
The fun of owning a hot rod.. Ouch
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2021 at 7:47am
Originally posted by BrotherBamc BrotherBamc wrote:

..................My friends 69 Hemi Road Runner went too fast over a bump in a construction zone on the way back and took out his oil pan. Had to trailer it back. Then when I finally got home, I found out that I was spewing antifreeze out of either the thermostat housing or the upper radiator hose and my steering box is leaking. 
The fun of owning a hot rod.. Ouch

Don't it seem like there is always something going on???????????
I guess we are all having a blast getting beat up..........Confused

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2021 at 8:08am
I hear ya Ollie...!! 
Found my antifreeze leak...
The temperature gauge hole in the intake manifold is cracked... 
It was that way when I purchased it years ago from eBay. The hairline crack didn't seem to go all the way through at the time, so I just ran it. 
After quite a few heat cycles, it's decided to finally let go and now in the market for a new intake. 
Oh yes..
The fun of owning a hotrod... 
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2021 at 12:52am
New intake manifold is on finally. Big shout out to 5speedwagon for the deal on a brand new Torker. 
Thank you..!! 
Noted a few differences between the 2 intakes. 
The broken one was an older casting. Biggest differences between the 2 were the Edelbrock logo that is casted into the manifold itself. 
The older one also needed a bushing in the intake for the stock temp sending unit. 
Got this on just in time for the cars first show and shine. 
Don't think that there will be a big turn out as we are covered in a blanket of smoke from the fires here. 

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2021 at 8:47pm
If anyone has been following my "fan shroud" debacle, I ordered a Jeep shroud and should be here by tomorrow. In the mean time, I installed a new rear end cover. It's made for a Jeep and added a full 2 quarts of gear oil. Had a stink time getting those little washers to fit properly in their perspective little holes. The gasket that came with the cover wasn't the proper gasket, so I will probably put the proper gasket in later down the road. But for now it doesn't leak and I like the fact that it has a drain plug on the bottom. 
Will at add any performance...? Nope, but it does look cool.. Approve

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101>
  Share Topic