TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1970 Javelin SST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcaspersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2022 at 8:17am
Sure, the AC unit can move toward the passenger side. You'd just probably lose out on more glove box space. And hose routing would be harder. I left space for a 4-hole bulkhead fitting to easily fit between the evaporator and the inner fender inside the engine compartment. You could route the hoses into the wheel well and forward (protected from road debris of course) or back into the engine compartment. The glove box is not a concern for me. I'll be fabbing a custom console that will have some storage.
elliet View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2022 at 9:23am
Bill O,
I have mine more to the right, it isnt finished yet but I think I will lose a couple inches out of the depth of my glove box (I will just fab it to fit) I circled how my friend Dave fabbed up a bracket for it. Its obviously is bolted through the firewall as well.
Tom
1970 BBB Javelin 390
Always Looking
elliet View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2022 at 9:29am
A lower view so you can see clearance with feet (No problem)
Sorry not sure why picture is rotated like this when I post it.

Tom
1970 BBB Javelin 390
Always Looking
troutwilly View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2022 at 1:54pm
Thanks for the extra pics.  That takes up way more left-right space than I imagined.  I haven't gotten to the A/C project yet on mine, although I have already yanked out the heater box and stuff.  May try to find a shorter unit, even though yours tucks up under there very well.  And I have the same plans for the controls location.
Bill O.
70 AMX
jcaspersen View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcaspersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2022 at 6:51pm
Got the fuel tank welded up. I bought the standard Spectra AMC-1 tank, but the fuel fill was centered. The factory tank is off center by 3". So I cut out the hole, since it had a lip, welded a patch in, and modified a straight fill neck to be angled in the right spot. I'm no welder, but it passed a light test.
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2022 at 6:05pm
Thumbs Up
Looking good so far. Enjoying following this build. 

Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcaspersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:28am
This one made me nervous. I don't like putting in extra holes. Something to note if anyone is going to do this. Make sure you clear all of the sound deadener from around the holes on the interior. Otherwise, you'll fight to get the bulkhead nuts tight enough against the floor.

232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 12:28pm
Where did you get those quarters??
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcaspersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 1:08pm
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jcaspersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2022 at 6:26am
It lives!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic