TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1970 Javelin 401 "Orange Juice" - Edelbrock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2021 at 8:05pm
Friday March 26, 2021 Update: or "I love the smell of old gas in the morning"
The hardest part of rebuilding the Holley Blue Electric Fuel pump was removing the screw for the pressure relief valve.
Once it was apart, switching the parts and reassembling was straight forward.

I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2021 at 7:06am
Looks like CG will possibly begin the first Friday in May.  Glad to hear that!
"Jane" has received all new shocks, dyno tuning, tranny hump bezel repairs,
diff freshening up, paint buffing, interior refreshing (carpets, dash facade redone),
cam change, and probably some other things I can't remember at the moment.
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2021 at 8:56am
That sounds like a lot of work Steve. How about an image of Jane?

By the way, I just received an e-mail from the owner of American Racing Headers. I was asking...
"Will your 70134300HR headers fit the Edelbrock Aluminum Heads (Performer 401) in my 1970 AMC Javelin?"

Nick's reply...
"Tom, They absolutely will. Expect a great fit and outstanding performance. Order with confidence. Thanks for inquiring. Respectfully,
Nick Filippides 
Owner/Operator
American Racing Headers
Tel. 631-608-1986 nick@americanracingheaders.com
www.americanracingheaders.com"

AMCBB-70134300HR

AMC Big Body Headers

$1,674.75
We're proud to announce that we will be starting production on these amazing new AMC headers immediately. This header proved to be a bit more challenging than the run of the mill header, mainly due to the intricate flange design which requires CNC machining for clearance around the spark plugs and cylinder head bolts. If you never want to make another investment in headers, we assure you it just doesn't get any better than this, and its backed by a lifetime guarantee for quality and workmanship.

• Product features on this system includes:

1. Made for the AMX, Javelin, Rebel Machine, and other related platforms
    2. Designed for the dog-leg style port that works with Edelbrock or factory iron heads
    3. Flanges are 3/8" thick and CNC machined to clear the spark plugs and head bolts
    4. Excellent tube routing for a great fit and to maximize performance
    5. Hand ported and tig welded inlets
    6. Fits standard and automatic transmission vehicles
    7. These headers come with euro-ball style connection pipes to give you a starting point for the balance of your exhaust

Edited by AMX390 - Mar/28/2021 at 9:34am
I love The AMC forum!

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2021 at 11:25am
1700 bucks for a set of headers.... :O

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2021 at 11:28am
They are the most expensive AMC headers I have found so far, except for custom. If they fit the Edelbrock heads well, that is something to consider. And they are stainless steel. How much have we spent over the years on replacing headers? Has anyone tried these yet?
"Our entire product line is made of 304 stainless steel, providing excellent resistance to corrosion, heat and the elements in any environment. ARH exhaust systems have been race proven time and time again with championships to show it!"

Edited by AMX390 - Mar/27/2021 at 8:01pm
I love The AMC forum!

Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

1700 bucks for a set of headers.... :O

I've got more than that invested on the headers for my daily
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2021 at 2:40pm
Yeah, $1700 is a lot .  But the big tube Hookers cost $600+, are mild steel and painted black, the port fit sucks, they may or may not fit a 68-9 on the RH side...  Add in ceramic coating and you're around $1K before you do any work on them-  and maybe they'll fit.  And there is no way I'd buy these already coated because they won't be ready to go, at least to my standards, out of the box.  So yeah, the ARH are not cheap, and I have no experience with them, but if they're awesome and ready to install out of the box, then it's not a bad deal.  And I've never heard a complaint about them
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2021 at 8:55pm
I believe that there might be a real value to these stainless steel American Racing Headers 70134300HR, if they fit well with the Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads/dog leg exhaust port. Stainless steel lasts a long time, Elon Musk builds his rocket ships for Mars out of stainless steel. The owner Nick Filippides seems like a stand up guy and I would like to make a detailed High Definition video documenting the installation into the Orange Juice Javelin at my friends local exhaust shop, Richard's Performance Muffler.
Nick also wrote "Many have come to the realization that our headers cost more for rock solid reasons. Besides the fact that they’re all 304 stainless and 100% USA made, we’ve really gone the extra mile to correct all the inherent problems that have plagued other offerings for almost 5 decades. Horrible port alignment, low ground clearance, thin flanges that warp and blow gaskets, to name a few, is what others are selling. We eliminated that from the equation and many AMC enthusiasts have taken notice."

Edited by AMX390 - Mar/28/2021 at 9:36am
I love The AMC forum!

sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2021 at 7:22am
If they fit with no issues then they’re worth every penny and more, plus they will last. My only concerns would be discoloration of the stainless and underhood heat, but that’s true of any SS header. 
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2021 at 9:38pm

I found this WWI helmet in the shed so I restored it, pretty cool huh?

Update:
Since the Patriot headers are out of stock according to Speedway Motors, I am trying to get a refund. I am really looking hard at these American Racing Headers. I just noticed this video of the owner Nick on the American Racing Headers website.
In the video Nick says they fit great with Edelbrock aluminum heads. And he has a nice cat in the video too.
Tom

Edited by AMX390 - Mar/30/2021 at 10:26pm
I love The AMC forum!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic