TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1968 AMX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Down & Dirty Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968 AMX
    Posted: Jun/21/2022 at 6:19pm

1968 AMX - $8,000 (Battle Ground)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
24407 N.E. 146th Ave

(google map)

1968 AMC AMX

VIN: A8C397T246050
condition: fair
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 78497
odometer rolled over
paint color: red
size: mid-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: coupe

1968 AMC AMX 343 automatic. Sold as is, This car is not complete, but is how I got it. And will come with the parts that are laid out in the pic's. they are the parts that came inside of the car when I picked it up. (Body), body is pretty solid. When I got it the drivers door glass was missing, so the floor behind the drivers seat is starting to rot. Mainly between the two seams. See the second to the last pic. The right rear quarter has existing body damage. The rear window leaks on the right side seam as well. Usually caused by the seam seal getting hard and shrinking away from the metal in the lower corners of these cars. (Interior), interior like the body needs total restoration. Other things to know, I think the tilt column is out of another 1968, or 69 because it is black. It should be red. The steering wheel I think is a late 1971, or 1972 sport wheel. It is just the wrong wheel for the year. The instrument cluster is the wrong one. The Tac in a 1968 should be a small one on the left side of the speedometer. This one is a large tac on the right side with the silver back ground. (Running gear), Motor does not roll over by hand. I do not know any thing about the trans, or rear end except it has the tween grip sticker in the trunk. It is missing the master cylinder and has late model rotors on it with NO calipers. The car is missing the grill, head light surround's, front side marker lights, quarter trim rings, and some AMX letters. You can have two hoods to choose from the fiberglass one that is on it, that does not fit worth a tinker dam, or a steel one in the last pic. that one, someone stored it out side with the under side exposed to the weather, front down. So the under stretcher and front of the hood has rust problems. I feel I have disclosed the biggest things, and have missed plenty. But it is a AMX for a reasonable price, in restorable condition. Sold as is, what is, no refunds. No tire kickers. This car can be viewed as long as this ad is up buy making a phone appt. And the car will be in a swap meet space at the AMC Rendezvous 2022 car show Saturday July 23, 2022 for a reasonable offer.

TO ALL AMC ENTHOUSEASTS!!!!!AMC Rendezvous 2022 car show. Saturday July 23/2022Show field at 16790 Kraeft Rd, Oregon City, OREGON. 97045
If this car do's not sell by the end of this listing it will be going to my .com Web/Site at the buy it now price of $8,000.00 www.amc-performance.com
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Edited by Down & Dirty Dan - Jun/27/2022 at 3:00pm
Dan Sharer
AMO President of Ram Rods
amc-performance.com
Ramble on
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic