TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1967 Rogue 290-4V 4-Speed Convertible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by kcsamc kcsamc wrote:

Congratulations!  I am both a fellow PA'er and one of the other (3) owners! and I grew up in Duncansville.  So guessing you are in the Bald Eagle area.

My project is just down the list here from yours.  We should compare notes!  We are in Lancaster Co.

Thank you. I know the Duncansville area. One of my retirement jobs was Lt and later Deputy Warden of the Blair County prison for a few years. Our PA house is about 35 miles north of Hollidaysburg off RT 36.

I have a number of things I need to take care of in the next few weeks but after that I can really start on the project. I will be asking you and the others here a lot of questions.

Edited by Springer2 - Sep/24/2021 at 11:40pm
Springer2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2021 at 8:50pm
Here are a few initial pictures of the project. Some of the pics are similar to what was in the ad but I used the flash on the engine and interior to make them a little clearer.

There is a set of 14" wheels with the car that I think are AMC but for later model cars. The good thing about them is they will clear disc brakes

azfletch View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote azfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2021 at 9:11pm
There will most likely be a metal tag under the passenger seat that is held on with a Phillips head screw. It will have the last 6 digits of your VIN and the original exterior and interior color codes. This will help you recreate the missing drivers door tag.
Mark Fletcher
72 AMX 401 with 6K original miles.
70 Mark Donohue Javelin, 390 4 speed with 47K miles.
70 AMX, 390 AT, AC Randall car.
67 Rogue Barbados Blue 290 225HP 4 speed convertible 71K miles.
Springer2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2021 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by azfletch azfletch wrote:

There will most likely be a metal tag under the passenger seat that is held on with a Phillips head screw. It will have the last 6 digits of your VIN and the original exterior and interior color codes. This will help you recreate the missing drivers door tag.

Thanks Mark, That will be very helpful I will check that. 

Here is what seemed to have been with the car when new. Based on the VIN: 

A – American Motors 
7 – 1967 
K – Assembly Plant: Kenosha, WI. 
M – Transmission: Floor shift, 4-speed 
7 – Body Type: 2-Door Convertible 
7 – Model: (Rogue?) 
D – Engine: High Compression 290 V8 w/4-barrel carb

Options: 
Power Steering 
Power brakes with front discs 
Factory Tachometer 
Factory AC (Currently missing compressor and condenser)
It appeared to have a radio but it is now gone

kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2022 at 10:43pm
So what's the latest on this project?
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
Springer2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2024 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by kcsamc kcsamc wrote:

So what's the latest on this project?

Many of the wires were cut off in the engine bay so I will need to restore circuit by circuit. The engine supposedly was overhauled but never run. Parts were missing including some of the distributor, plug wires, etc. I put some oil in the cylinders and turned it over by hand and kept doing that over a few months. The starter was not great so I got another one and just decided to go with an electronic 1 wire ignition system replacing the old distributor. I gave my best guess on distributor placement, put a fused wire to power it, and checked for spark. Using an engine starter button and running a fuel line from a small gas can I cranked the engine and it tried to start. Another guess or 2 rotating the distributor and it pulled fuel and started. I only let it run 15-20 seconds because the new radiator is not in yet but in any case, it will run. :) 
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2024 at 6:06am
I also have a '67 American Convertible with a 290 and automatic that is on a back burner for restoration.
I have a complete parts car that I would like to sell to someone once I pull the parts that I need.
Let me know what you need and I will see if I can help you out.

Springer2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2024 at 11:33am
Originally posted by SC397 SC397 wrote:

I also have a '67 American Convertible with a 290 and automatic that is on a back burner for restoration.
I have a complete parts car that I would like to sell to someone once I pull the parts that I need.
Let me know what you need and I will see if I can help you out.

Thank you, I may well follow up on the parts. I was lucky and found a 67 2-door American 220(?) that looks like the lights, door handles, grill, bumpers, etc will fit. We got a good deal on it because it was not running and no title. The car is pretty rust free with a lot of good parts save for the front bumper that has a hole ripped in it. I have been trying to find the Rogue specific things as they come up. 
RegattaBlueAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegattaBlueAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2024 at 4:53am
PM sent.
1969 AMX 390, 4-spd, 3.54:1, Go Package, P65

1970 Javelin SST, 360, 4-spd, 3.54:1, Go Package, P90

1967 Rogue Convertible (Under Construction)
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2024 at 4:50pm
imho do NOT install, use, or run an import hei distributor Dead in your AMC engine, it could/might/usually/can/will eat the distributor drive gears in minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic