TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1967 Rogue 290-4V 4-Speed Convertible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1967 Rogue 290-4V 4-Speed Convertible
    Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 1:27pm
After a lot of thought, we bought this Rogue convertible. The original power train is still in the car but it was stripped for body work and some rough damage repair on rear. The owner passed away suddenly and it has been sitting since 2007 but inside. The tow truck driver was a true artist as I thought, "We can't get that out of there!" lol

The bad is LOTS of missing parts and some parts are laying in it that I am not sure where they go. The good is because it is in the south and not outside so underneath it is in exceptional shape as far as rust goes. I have a busy couple of weeks but I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

A very special thank you to 6768rogues as he has already provided helpful information. 
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 2:17pm
Where are you in Pa??
"Prolly" is not a word.
Springer2 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 2:23pm
La Jose. It is about 1/2 way between Punxy and Altoona

elliet View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote elliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 2:43pm
Glad someone from here was able to make the purchase on that Rogue, I was the guy who put the original post on the Forum about it being for sale. Your right, it needs quite a bit of work but it is what it is, which is an extremely rare car.

Thrilled to hopefully see progress on it! (Best of luck!!!)
Tom

The three pieces that made me want it are in this pic, tach on dash, AC under dash & the 4 speed in the floor!

Tom
1970 BBB Javelin 390
Always Looking
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Springer2 Springer2 wrote:

If you are in Pennsylvania next September, join us for the Pittsburgh AMC Get Together.

You just missed this year's event, check out the pictures here: https://theamcforum.com/forum/pictures-from-pittsburgh-amc-get-together-5_topic112463.html

And here: https://pbase.com/btd/amc

PM me your email & I will get you on the email contact list.
"Prolly" is not a word.
Springer2 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 3:21pm
elliet, I had started looking for a 68 Ambassador, manual which was my first car. Anyway while Ambassador looking on FB I saw this car that interested us but I was concerned about parts. It was during my parts exploration that I came upon this forum and your post. People here have been great and I appreciate all of the help.

Edited by Springer2 - Sep/24/2021 at 3:23pm
Springer2 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by scott scott wrote:

Originally posted by Springer2 Springer2 wrote:

If you are in Pennsylvania next September, join us for the Pittsburgh AMC Get Together.

You just missed this year's event, check out the pictures here: https://theamcforum.com/forum/pictures-from-pittsburgh-amc-get-together-5_topic112463. - https://theamcforum.com/forum/pictures-from-pittsburgh-amc-get-together-5_topic112463.html

And here: https://p.com/btd/amc - https://pbase.com/btd/amc

PM me your email & I will get you on the email contact list.

Thank you. Hopefully the car will be drivable by then. 
azfletch View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote azfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 4:55pm
Randy, Welcome to the elite club of 1967 Rogue Convertible ownership.  A few of us on the forum have similar cars.  My family currently own 4 , all with V8's and my blue one is also a 4 speed.
I and another member on here are happy to help you get this car back among the living.  Feel free to call me to discuss the car 602-818-8555

Mark Fletcher
72 AMX 401 with 6K original miles.
70 Mark Donohue Javelin, 390 4 speed with 47K miles.
70 AMX, 390 AT, AC Randall car.
67 Rogue Barbados Blue 290 225HP 4 speed convertible 71K miles.
Springer2 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by azfletch azfletch wrote:

Randy, Welcome to the elite club of 1967 Rogue Convertible ownership.  A few of us on the forum have similar cars.  My family currently own 4 , all with V8's and my blue one is also a 4 speed.
I and another member on here are happy to help you get this car back among the living.  Feel free to call me to discuss the car 

Mark, thank you so much for the valuable information. With the knowledge you shared, it gives me more specific direction in the parts search. Thank you!
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2021 at 10:41pm
Congratulations!  I am both a fellow PA'er and one of the other (3) owners! and I grew up in Duncansville.  So guessing you are in the Bald Eagle area.

My project is just down the list here from yours.  We should compare notes!  We are in Lancaster Co.
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic