TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Memorabilia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1967 amc data book differences

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1967 amc data book differences
    Posted: Apr/14/2023 at 6:38pm
I was looking at the 67 data book which has Rambler on the cover, my 67 data book is the same book but has AMC on the cover. The difference between the two books is the Rambler book has 2 pages of righthand drive specs the Amc book has 2 pages covering warranty.     
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2023 at 8:35am
I only have one 1967 Data Book and it has "AM American Motors" on the cover.

Interesting book.  I wonder if each dealership had to update it like they did the parts books.  I would suspect that there were late additions and corrections to the original document and it is very possible that 2 or 3 of the same books put next to each other and evaluated would be different like the parts books.

Wouldn't it have been great to have a reference document that identified what a complete and accurate document would look like?

VR,
Dave
Colin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2023 at 9:01am
because of the right hand drive pages and England still called the cars Rambler
I suspect this may be an book intended for England. I have the British ads and literature but recently on ebay there is a brochure the same as Canada and US but the cover is Ambassador Rambler. I do have dealer pricing that came out at different times most date from oct 66 but some date from jan 67 .
Colin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2023 at 9:04am
the 67 rambler data book is from the Rambler Ranch collection
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2023 at 10:06am
Colin,
Pricing is interesting for a short period of time.  

The thing that I really find interesting is how the orders came in and what options people checked.  This is something that I have never done.  My father ordered a 1978 Jeep Cherokee 4dr.  I was 7 or 8 years old at the time and wasn't part of any of this order.  These days, you can order a car but the one on the lot is usually more affordable and possibly better equipped than what you would have ordered.  

The weird cars that I run into, make me wonder who filled out the order and what motivated them to select some of those options.

I believe that most AMC cars came with AM radios but I wouldn't know how to prove that.  I would like to collect Garmin or Rand McNally as a sponsor for AMO 2024 and point to the all the Ramblers and AMCs that were built with AM Radios as potential customers for their products.  I like my Garmins but they don't have radio or back-up cameras or blind spot monitoring.  Could they offer the speed input for cruise control?  How about them working with my Cell phone for hands free calling?  Could they better monitor my engine than my idiot lights and old guages?  

I may drive an old car but that doesn't mean I don't want some technology.

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic