TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1966 ambassador AC bracket V8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66 ambassador 990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1966 ambassador AC bracket V8
    Posted: Mar/22/2012 at 7:34am
anyone have a picture of the factory AC bracket for a 327?
when i bought the car it had AC but it was missing a few pieces so i removed the system out of the car and  packed it away in my garage. i pulled the AC compessor and bracket out the other day, planning on hooking it back up and using it as an air compressor for my air ride set up, but it doesn't seem to fit. the bracket looks more like something someone made, just some flat steel welded together. i know im not going crazy cause i remember unbolting it from the engine but it doesn't see to want to bolt back up. the only thing i changed on the engine saw going from a 2 barrel to a 4 barrel manifold but the mounting hole for the AC bracket appear to be in the same place. if i cant get it to work i'll just buy a set of electric pumps to fill the air tank but i'd rather save the money using the AC pump.
thanks,
  chris
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2012 at 9:38am
If it's the same for a 65 327, then yes, I do - but I am not at home right now and will have to send that to you later today.
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2012 at 4:33pm
Here you go.  Three photos are on the compressor ont he engine - one before restoration and two after.  The last image shows the mounting braket from underneath.  Four bolts go up into bottom side of the compressor. 
Four bolts, two forward, one way back and one sideways go into the engine block.

66 ambassador 990 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66 ambassador 990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2012 at 9:02pm
Hey thanks for the pictures. Mine is definatly not factory :-). Looks like i have to search for a factory bracket, make a better bracket then the one i have or go with electric pumps. Your restoration looks awsome, beautiful job.
   Chris
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2012 at 9:23pm
Thanks, Chris.  We had to replace our original bracket - it was cracked.  We got it welded, but found a good used one through Galvin.  We didn't trust the welded one.
66 ambassador 990 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66 ambassador 990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2012 at 6:06am
i was looking on some vendor sites yesterday but didn't see any avalible. maybe i'll shoot them an email today and see if they might be able to locate one for me, thanks again.
 chris
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2012 at 7:50am
Doug (Galvin) didn't list one on the site - we called and he found one on one of the donor cars he has.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic