TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "1958 Rambler Super" mission fix it and drive it.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

"1958 Rambler Super" mission fix it and drive it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 50 minutes ago at 4:13pm
I have also another bump in the road recently....
The gasket for the oil pump I talked about earlier, there was one after all between the pump and block, but there still needs one between the cover and body of pump.... There was a super paper thin gasket there, it was so small I didn't even notice it, it was in tatters when I finally saw it, the pump is still on the block and I at this time haven't taken off the idler arm, or pitman arm if that's what it's called to completely remove the pump, now that I have seen the gasket between the pump and block I dont have to!!!! 
Bit here's a pic of the gasket I have that I am not sure if it will work, this gasket does not completely have the same shape but an experienced person might say that it can still function as a gasket, or at least for the 20 minute initial break in......
(This other gasket with the funny looking channel carved into it isnt the one in question, but the one that's sitting on the cover of the pump)

Edited by 1958 rambler super - 10 hours 55 minutes ago at 10:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic