TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

110/90 mix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2023 at 5:18pm
X2 on what BU1 said. I've never seen unleaded av fuel. It may exist but who knows where...

BTW, don't let the fuel police see you putting leaded fuel in your street driven car. It is against the law and carries a pretty hefty fine. I'm not sure how it affects race cars. Below is something I found on the web that states it quite eloquently.

It's no longer legal to put leaded gas in your car though, whether it's a classic or not. Don't even think about trying to do it on the downlow either. If you're found to be driving a car with leaded gas in the tank, you could well wind up slapped with a hefty $10,000 fine for your ingenuity.

Edited by White70JavelinSST - Mar/22/2023 at 5:20pm
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
garland performce View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garland performce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2023 at 6:23pm
Yes thanks I changed it
hacksaw1971 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2023 at 3:55am
Originally posted by White70JavelinSST White70JavelinSST wrote:

X2 on what BU1 said. I've never seen unleaded av fuel. It may exist but who knows where...

BTW, don't let the fuel police see you putting leaded fuel in your street driven car. It is against the law and carries a pretty hefty fine. I'm not sure how it affects race cars. Below is something I found on the web that states it quite eloquently.

It's no longer legal to put leaded gas in your car though, whether it's a classic or not. Don't even think about trying to do it on the downlow either. If you're found to be driving a car with leaded gas in the tank, you could well wind up slapped with a hefty $10,000 fine for your ingenuity.
 il find out when i get some this weekend.   if ya can't run leaded in ya old stuff.  kinda makes me wonder whats in that lead additive at auto zone..... and i have tryed the race gass stuff... it made no diff in my charger. 

its the little things that make the biggest difference
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2023 at 11:27pm
Have you tried the VP Racing Fuels Octanium? It's a lead free additive that boosts 10 gallons of gas an actual 7 octane points. If you're running 93 but only need maybe 94/95, you could use a maybe 1/3 of the can for each full tank. One can costs $25. Seems like a pretty good option.

https://vpracingfuels.com/product/octanium-unleaded/?c=207&
BassBoat View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2023 at 4:40pm
A couple things.  Lead response, the increase in octane per gram per gallon of lead is not linear.  It doesn't take a lot of lead to increase the octane of unleaded premium a lot.  It is not arithmetic.  Lead response varies depending on the base fuel.  Lucky that the lead response of catalytically cracked fuel is high. Also lucky that cat cracking is how we get high-ish octane fuel without lead.  Typical race gas, the 110-112 stuff has 4 grams per gallon of lead.  If you mix 1 gallon of race gas with 4 gallons of unleaded 93, you will end up about 100 octane.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic