TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC's at the Woodward Dream Cruise - 2022 - Event Date: Aug/20/2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnished Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: AMC's at the Woodward Dream Cruise - 2022
    Posted: Aug/19/2022 at 11:32am
This Saturday August 20th 2022, a group of AMC enthusiasts will be displaying their cars as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise in Birmingham Michigan

We will be located on Worth St. between Lincoln St. and Haynes St. one street east of Woodward Avenue and south of Maple Ave.  This is a change from previous years as Old Woodward Ave. is under construction.

Look for the Walgreens on Woodward at Lincoln.  Parking for the show cars will extend north from the Walgreens parking lot.

You can also access Worth St. from the west off Adams Rd.

Stop by and say 'Hello'
Terry

1971 Burnished Brown Javelin/AMX
1971 Mustard Yellow Javelin/AMX
1970 Bayshore Blue AMX
1970 Bittersweet Orange Rebel Machine
1969 Beale Street Blue Javelin SST

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2022 at 12:09am
I wish i was there Terry!

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2022 at 9:48am
I might be driving by in Casper.
Burnished Brown View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Burnished Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2022 at 6:29pm
Tony - a fun weekend all around.  Maybe some year!
Terry

1970 Bayshore Blue AMX

amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2022 at 7:51pm
sorry to have missed the WDC always a good time

Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2022 at 8:11am
It was a madhouse but still fun to cruise in. I drove my Daughter's Big Bad White Javelin which decided to over heat about half way through.  My fault. I put a new water pump on but didn't flush out the cooling system.  So I let it cool down while we walked to Vinsetta Garage for a early dinner.
I liked it a lot better than the Ford Garage as a place to eat and they actually had a picture of a AMC dealership hanging on the wall.  After a great supper, we hopped in the car and cruised again.  Lots of thumbs up, comments etc. Saw a few big body Javelins and Ramblers along the way. Not sure I would want to do it with a stick car but I might try it next year. All in all it is a great time!
Burnished Brown View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnished Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2022 at 4:31pm
Rick - 

You may want to consider parking with us in Birmingham.  This year they were very accommodating by letting us leave our spots to cruise on Woodward Ave. and then return to our assigned spot when done cruising.

Terry

1970 Bayshore Blue AMX

SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2022 at 6:04am
I drove through Birmingham and I didn't see you guys.
No surprise with the amount of cars on the road and people in between.  Maybe next year. We will see what I have running by then.
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2022 at 9:18am
SC397,
Yes I had contacted the manager early on about a cruise in there.  He was excited as he also had a Javelin.  However, in trying to reach him afterwards I had no luck.  Would have loved to have one there also!
Blessings
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic