TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

XRV8 Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 54>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2016 at 10:06am
Sorry I had to delete the video for my own personal security, but at least some people got to see it.

Edited by amcenthusiast - Feb/23/2016 at 9:55pm
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2016 at 10:21am
try this.........bummer

Edited by idrambler - Jan/10/2016 at 11:54am
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2016 at 11:17am
Sorry I had to delete the video. (and sorry I did not reply to comment about 'Darth Vader' snow pile; no that was a lady who covers her flowers with a sheet to keep them from freezing)

Edited by amcenthusiast - May/13/2016 at 12:01am
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2016 at 3:40pm
I got to see it. There's nothing like the sound of a gen1 v8. Brilliant.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2016 at 11:22pm
Hey great, glad some got to see it & sorry again for being less than fearless.

...but I live in a small town; one time, about twelve years ago, I had a flat tire (different car/Jeep) and called my poor old Dad from a bar in a strip mall to to come save me because the spare was low on air (no nearby gas station for miles). The next morning when I went to work, my employer told me he heard that I called my Dad from a strip bar because I had a flat tire... wow... just like that/overnight! Either way is embarrassing but the gossip factor around here is really something to watch out for.

Yesterday I saw a video of a person who was showing how their hideaway bed slides into a wall & makes a secret passageway into another room... it's no secret anymore! (Duh!)

I was going to post some pics today of the wiper motor install but the Canon PowerShot pics are HD and too large; 4.5 where this site says 4.0 max so I need to figure out how to reduce them to 'ordinary'

8pack View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8pack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2016 at 7:07am
Tinypic.com
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2016 at 8:01am
Ha about the strip bar... as when I first saw that you added strip mall, I thought how many here would mix strip with bar. Hehehehehehehe!

It is a brain process that will combine two diff words, numbers, and symbols to be easily recognizable. Not just because we are naughty pensioners... though I would not pass on the idea there may be at least one amung us. Ha!

As for hidden pocket passages... we had an old 1860s home that at one time was the under takers home and parlor. It looked normal as there was no distinct differences in layout with any home, yet for being a single floor plan, it had a Victorian look without the rounded room corners and angled ceilings. One room, the family room was used as the viewing room and had tall and wide pocket doors, and within the room a walkin closet. Was not deep just 6 times wider than the door. Upon viewing inside, head on at the doorway, it would look ordinary... Like any pocket closet. If you walk in a bit and brush against the hanging jackets and what nots, you could follow it and make a left turn to a door. Once opened you can enter into a secondary bedroom. 

Another odd room was outside of the kitchen, within the wash room... as an oddly shaped cupboard door opens into a small workers room that also fits with the doors part rectangle, part triangle shape. 

Through out the US there are variations to workers quarters, some have been converted long ago and only a keen eye would know any better.

We have an older power shot, depending on the menu you can set the photo to be medium and will do fine.  My tablet is 5mp and always set to high resolution. Every once and a while I get a picture that is too large by how much detail I shoot in background. Your power shot may have editing features... you may be able to crop the picture on the fly and not have to change your picture quality settings.

Edited by 304-dude - Jan/11/2016 at 8:04am
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2016 at 9:53am
Oh thanks for the tip. -guess I need to read some in the little book that came with the PowerShot camera & get more experience like you... & just noticed your car's components... wow yeah the AMC parts have dried up completely for most AMC car people I guess...

Edited by amcenthusiast - Feb/24/2016 at 7:01am
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2016 at 10:49am
Originally posted by amcenthusiast amcenthusiast wrote:

& just noticed your car's components... wow yeah the AMC parts have dried up completely for most AMC car people I guess

Ah don't let my wee list of components fool you... I was torn when I drove the car home. I purchased it on ebay just thinking it was a good candidate to build a customized Javelin. Really looked worse than it actually was. From all the NOS parts and being mostly original, and from the original owner as well... I felt it was more restorable than what I wanted to start with. So it took a few years to get past it and do what I set on to do.

For my car it was purchased in 13 or so years ago for $1200 as a driver with everything operational and had tons of NOS parts that paid for most of what I have now including the car. 

About half of the non stock parts were part of a slow progression of nabbing on a good deal. One guy could not sell his rebuilt Jeep TH400 because it had been repaired down at valve body flange. A minor crack that was welded. The Ford rear was a 100 U take away, with 3.73 gears. Too big for my taste and the housing was all I wanted anyway.

As for engine stuff, if I am to spend good money 700 bucks total I am going with 70 stuff outside of the crank. For being wrong year, the cost was hard to pass up. The pistons were almost given to me, so as with anyone here would do, make the most of a  $1000 custom set of race pistons, coated pins, rings and a bunch of wonderful promotional stickers. HA! If they wont work out for the build no loss for me so to speak.

There is some odd reasons for other mix mash of parts, and some not so odd. Mostly I wanted to modernize as much as I could while keeping a factory look. Some think it is costly or makes a lot of work... but I just plugged along finding unexpected deals here and there. Yes, sometimes those deals may make my direction change a wee bit, but rareley loose money in a mistake. If anything R&D work will cost some, but I really can't say lost any money on R&D with my crazy suspension idea.

71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2016 at 8:37pm
Ok thanks y'all for the encouragement on how to do the pics better.

I thought I made them smaller using the PowerShot camera's size reduction feature, downloaded them to my PC and when I went to install them here they were too big again... I'll keep trying
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 54>
  Share Topic