TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

WTB 67 American westerstrip diagram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary7909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB 67 American westerstrip diagram
    Posted: Oct/23/2018 at 10:20pm
Good evening at all. I've been surfing the net trying to find pictures or diagrams of what weather stripping I'm going to need (all of them). But I'm not finding anything.

By any chance does anybody have a diagram breakdown of the weather stripping and their locations or some pictures. I found an inexpensive roof rail weather strip and door weather strip but I wanna make sure that's what I'm buying the generic pictures are just a rule of weather stripping.
Gary Wyckoff
americanjackie2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americanjackie2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 8:17am
following
rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 8:32am
I'm pretty sure what you're looking for doesn't exist other than might be shown in the appropriate TSM for your particular vehicle.  For most weatherstripping needs contact Peter Stathes at www.amcrambler.com. ; If he doesn't have what you need he may be able to tell you where to get it.  What he sells are quality products that fit correctly and do the job.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 9:56am
Originally posted by rocklandrambler rocklandrambler wrote:

I'm pretty sure what you're looking for doesn't exist other than might be shown in the appropriate TSM for your particular vehicle.  For most weatherstripping needs contact Peter Stathes at www.amcrambler.com. ; If he doesn't have what you need he may be able to tell you where to get it.  What he sells are quality products that fit correctly and do the job.

X2
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 11:22am
x3.  I got most of mine from Peter Stathes.  I also got some from Galvins AMC Rambler in Klammath Falls, OR.  The two pieces that are very hard to find are the vent window rubber and the rubber that sits in the bottom glass channel.  But my glass guy made some rubber alternatives for the bottom glass channel.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 12:10pm
The exploded view(s) in the Parts Manual will show the AMC group numbers and locations and the parts list will provide part numbers of the weatherstripping but you will need to reference several drawings.  1966 through 1969 should be about the same (and 64 and 65 would be useful for some views, but perhaps, not the best).  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic