TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

wolverine blue racer cam specs??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnichols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wolverine blue racer cam specs??
    Posted: Jun/23/2010 at 8:44pm
anyone have the specs for a wg1105??
FLynes View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2010 at 9:30pm
I know for a fact that the intake duration at .050 is 204 and the exhaust duration at .050 is 214...found a pic of one that was for sale....couldn't see the other info, though.

BUT, based on that, I found another Crane Wolverine Blue Racer, Part #WG-1113 that has the same duration....if the rest is the same, here's what I found:

Advance Intake Duration: 270
Advance Exhaust Duration: 280
Intake Duration @ .050: 204
Exhaust Duration @ .050: 214
Intake Lift 1.5 Rockers: 0.420
Exhaust Lift 1.5 Rockers: 0.442
Intake Lift 1.65 Rockers: 0.462
Exhaust Lift 1.65 Rockers: 0.486
Lobe Separation Angle: 107

Again, I'm going off the fact that the duration of the WG-1113 matched the pic of the WG-1105 I saw.  Hope it helps.

Fred

1976 CJ-5
<font color=LIME GREEN>Lime Green[/COLOR]
258/T-150
3.54:1
FLynes View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2010 at 9:37pm
I also found this interesting post on another website, by a gentleman named Fireball AMX...here is what he had to say in 2007:

"I bought a Summit cam for my AMX after reading this. $74.95 w/lifters.

Camshaft Machine Company (CMC) located in Jackson, Michigan was established in 1942 and is probably the largest designer and manufacturer of automotive camshafts in the world. CMC produces cams for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Comp Cams, Lunati, Edlebrock, Crane, Wolverine and many others.

Most (but not all) of the automotive camshafts produced today are produced at one of the “Big Three” cam manufacturers all located in Michigan. CMC of Jackson, MI., Engine Power Components (EPC) of Muskegon, MI., and Waver Bartel Cam Company, of Grand Haven, MI.

CMC purchased Wolverine approximately 1990/1991.

Crane Cams purchased CMC around 1995 and Wolverine was included in this purchase. During this period Crane owned both Wolverine and CMC.

Crane sold CMC to Federal Mogul about April or May of 1999. Crane did not sell Wolverine to Federal Mogul and Crane still owns Wolverine. Federal Mogul also owns the Waver Martel Cam Company.

CMC was the OEM supplier for most of the muscle car cams for GM, Ford, Chrysler and others back in the muscle car era. This included the infamous 9779067, 9779068, 9779041 etc. CMC currently supplies many cams to the OEM manufacturers and holds copyrights for many OEM grinds. If you purchase a Pontiac “original” muscle car grind like the 068 for an example, no matter whom you purchase it from it will be made by CMC.

Another interesting tid bit is that some time prior to 1990 when Crane and Wolverine were competitors Crane developed their own version of the Pontiac 9779068 (and maybe others) but advertised it as a computer enhanced version and not an exact duplicate. The reason that Crane did not produce an exact duplicate is because CMC still holds copyrights to this cam and many others.

Wolverine does not have their own cam grinding shop. CMC supplies most of the grinds to Wolverine. Crane also grinds some of Wolverine cams.

Even though Crane has their own cam grinding shop CMC still grinds some of the cams sold under the Crane name. Crane currently has the contract for the Summit brand cams. Crane also grinds some cams sold under the Wolverine name. Those Summit cams could be produced by CMC or Crane, hence the rumored Wolverine Summit connection.

It has been rumored that Crane makes all Wolverine Cams and this is not true. Most of the cams sold under the Wolverine name are produced by CMC. It is true that a small percentage of cams sold under the Wolverine name are produced at the Crane manufacturing facility. To complicate things further it seems that certain grinds could be purchased under the Crane or Wolverine name that are the exact same grind, and CMC or Crane depending on the grind could have produced the cam.

It’s interesting that most people have not heard of CMC, EPC, or Waver Bartel even though they have been around for a very long time, longer than a lot of us have.

Not much will change now that Federal Mogul owns CMC. They will still produce the same cams and will pretty much supply them to the same customers sold under various nameplates. Federal Mogul recently acquired the TRW automotive products division also. The infamous TRW forged pistons that are so popular with we Pontiac folks are still produced at the same factory as when they were owned by TRW. Federal mogul also now owns seal Power. Federal Mogul also purchased the Clevite Bearing company. This gave Federal Mogul an almost airtight grip on the automotive bearing industry. This created an unfair marketing advantage and the Federal trade Commission (FTC) required Federal Mogul to sell Clevite, which they have done.

So the next time you buy your new Comp Cams, Lunati, Ultradyne, Iskenderian, Engle, or other cam there is a good chance it was actually made in Michigan at one of the top three cam makers. What the cam companies do is have their proprietary grinds (design, lob profile etc.) and have them ground by one of the big three. Very few cams are actually ground by a name brand cam company, Crane is one exception but they don’t grind all of theirs eithe
r."
Fred

1976 CJ-5
<font color=LIME GREEN>Lime Green[/COLOR]
258/T-150
3.54:1
tntnelly View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tntnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 6:16pm
does any one now cam spec. for wolverine cam wg-1139
smills61074 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smills61074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2018 at 11:04pm
I have a blue racer cam.  Crane bought out wolverine.  I called crane and gave them part number.  They were able to look up camshaft info.  So give them a call.  
68 Blue AMX Perfect California Body going for 401/6 speed
1 1/4 ton Power Wagon Ex Colorado Brush Truck
2006 Caddy CTS V with LS2 and manual trans Corsa Exhaust Beater car (daily driver)
tntnelly View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tntnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2018 at 2:27pm
what is your number so i can call you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic