TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Where is this AMX now?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonedblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is this AMX now?
    Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 4:22pm
At a local car guy breakfast I was given this photo taken at Maple Grove, Pa. in the early '70s. Some of the history told  was that the owner, Kieth Deweese (spl.) was from Lebanon, Pa. had Chevys as Surprise I & II. The AMX was powered by SBC, and was a very nice car. The photog from Maple Grove recalled the car having a pushbar in the shape of a foot. Someone recalled the car being sold to Bruce Rambler from Palmyra, Pa. Thats where my info ends. Bruce is known for being an AMC guy, so we are thinking he may have purchased it without engine. We do know that Rambler lost most if not all his collection in divorce proccedings. Is this car out there somewhere?  

I can build an engine, but, I can't drain oil without a mess.'04Ram,'99Plym.Van,"96Exploder,'79Dodge pickup, '71Jav. '68Jav, and '90 Gold Rush trailer
will333 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 5:56pm
Bruce for sure did own that car, I saw it many times in his garage. Sorry I can't say what happened to it though. I wonder what happened to his SS/AMX too.
1968 AMX 390 Automatic
Turbo Silver outside,
red on the inside
"The Orbiter"

A Scott Campbell restoration
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2012 at 7:25am
Bruce bought it without motor/trans...I believe it was converteed to a Plated Small Block Chevy when it was brand new.
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
BBBx View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBBx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2017 at 7:00pm
This car was owned by Don Pavinski in Northeastern Pennsylvania in the early 90's. He had plans of repowering the car for the street. It had a spooled rear still in the car which made it a bear to move around the shop. The foot push bar was still on the car at this time. If I remember correctly, it was originally a hialea yellow with Charcoal vinyl interior car. The interior was in exceptional condition. Don passed away and the car was sold.
I have since seen pictures of it at Woodward cruise a few years back amongst the SS AMX display.
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 6:08pm
http://www.ssamx.com/index.html

...I'll vote for all AMC power, holding the AMC flag high forever till we die!
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 6:23pm
The car is in Michigan now with a 401 in it.
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 6:35pm
what a story
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 3:51am
I love the color and name!

SBC part not so much,
but interesting just the same, and I'm glad it's still around Smile

Side note
My daily driver had a spool for about 2 years,
you should have seen people dive for cover when I had to do those tight circle turns on a concrete parking garage LOL

Crawling along at 5 mph with the back tires screaming like banshees LOLLOLLOL
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 8:58pm
Moral of the story: don't get married.
amxmachine View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

Moral of the story: don't get married.
Lost my best cars getting divorced
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic