TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Where do I get these?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jl2556 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do I get these?
    Posted: Aug/15/2017 at 6:09pm
So I just got my 69 amx tsm and when i got to my shifter I found these 2 things that look like they attach to the tabs on the shifter to reduce slop/movement.
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2017 at 6:58pm
Cricket View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2017 at 8:23pm
Oh, come on, please use an AMC parts provider. I have used Ford parts when others not available, but try these people.

http://www.amarkamc.com/category.sc?categoryId=49
jl2556 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jl2556 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by 71SC360 71SC360 wrote:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/shifter-rebuild-kit-4-speed-1965-1968/p/HW1622/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6cbD27ja1QIVlrfACh0QcwRfEAQYASABEgIoGPD_BwE

I've seen those, there is no replaceable trunion on the amx shifter. Look at the 5:14 mark of this video showing how to install that kit, there are open holes on the ford shifter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y09p8JQ40kM

Also, the pic i showed from the tsm doesn't show a spring. I'm just trying to see how the ford kit will work. Maybe the spring will go over the stud on the side of the shifter then I can put the trunnion on?
At this point, I don't want to modify my shifter to make this kit work.
jl2556 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jl2556 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2017 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Cricket Cricket wrote:

Oh, come on, please use an AMC parts provider. I have used Ford parts when others not available, but try these people.

http://www.amarkamc.com/category.sc?categoryId=49

I don't need the mounting insulators........I need the parts that attach to the sides on the shifter.
Look at the pic i posted again, it's the 2 parts in front of my finger tip
Cricket View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2017 at 6:00am
Aaahhhh, got ya, did not have my glasses on. If you have the springy trunnions, you will need to use the Ford kit, as I did in another unit my buddy had when he used a Mustang shifter arm, as his wore out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic