TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Whats up with Bulltear?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats up with Bulltear?
    Posted: Mar/23/2019 at 12:10pm
Anyone know whats up with Bulltear? Called 3 times last week to order some AMC engine paint and oil pump mid plate and goes to voice mail. Left message each time with no call back. Website does not recognize my password anymore.
ChillyB View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2019 at 12:25pm
I just received an order from them (midplate and pump gears).  Place on web, never called.

Midplate kit came with two top gaskets, no bottom gasket.  FYI.  

Also, I ordered regular gears but got the ones with little swirls milled in top of the idler.  I'll offer to pay the difference if it was unintentional.  
AlexK View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlexK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2019 at 4:41pm

Edited by AlexK - Mar/28/2019 at 2:41am
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2019 at 5:38pm
Please don't lose sight of the fact that the AMC parts are a side business for Matt. As such, it has to be a lower priority than his main business. Be thankful that he does what he does. 
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
Buffalo Ray View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2019 at 6:03pm
I get that. Just want to place an order. The website will not let me sign in.
74Bubblefender View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Bubblefender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2019 at 11:42am
Ray your info was wiped when we called in and left a message. You will need to sign up again to order. Not sure what happened. I dont handle AMC orders at all anymore. We have other staffers doing that daily. Dont ask for Matt if you need something AMC. All I will tell you is order it online.
We are just about to forge new AMC V8 crankshafts.. please check here
http://www.bulltear.com/forums/showthread.php?19564
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2019 at 2:26pm
They reset my info and i was able to create  a new account. My parts are on their way. Thanks
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2019 at 3:30pm
 I ordered a set of oil pump gears from Bulltear several years back, yup just the regular set, Matt sent the ones with the reliefs machined into the ends of them. I called to let him know he said yeah he knew don't worry.

70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2019 at 6:13pm
whats wrong with the reliefs?
ChillyB View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2019 at 6:36pm
Nothing!  They are beautiful.  But I didnt pay for the premium artwork on top of the idler.  I opted for the basic set but they sent the fancy ones.

I sent a message about it.  I'll settle up for the difference if they'll reply.  If not then I'll make a donation to this forum for the difference.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic