TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Weather eye

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weather eye
    Posted: Sep/19/2019 at 8:03am
Can the clear plastic cover on the weather eye be removed and replaced? If so how to remove and where can you get a new one? Thanks in advance Robert
green70AMX
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2019 at 2:49pm
 The clear plastic lens is removable, first remove the weather eye control from the dash then remove the slide knobs those are fun there is a small release tab under the knob, there are three expandable retaining pins that push through the cast metal, one pin is accessible from the back side I believe the other two end up behind the green lighting shield I don't recall if the light shield is removable? The pins are delicate so be careful. I have not seen any replacement lens available separately others might know? The white markings are on the back side of the lens depending on the condition of your lens you might be able to restore it.

J

Edited by JGRANTAMX - Sep/19/2019 at 2:52pm
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2019 at 3:16pm
It's not easy unless you remove the Weather Eye from under the dash, but it is possible. I did it on my '69,but it's hard to get the new lens over the shafts without scratching or cracking it. I actually did manage to put a small crack in mine when I installed it.

Edited by CamJam - Sep/19/2019 at 3:21pm
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2019 at 4:54pm
CamJam,

He asked where to get a new Weather Eye lens. You implied you got a new one, Where from?  I wasn't aware anyone was making them
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2019 at 5:06pm
no one is to my knowledge
they call me Capt RETIRED!
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2019 at 6:30pm
I got a very nice used one from Ross Peterson (401MATCOUPE).
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2019 at 9:35pm
I have a beautiful one - as close to NOS as can be found - I had 2 - $220 shipped if interested. Thank you.
green70AMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2019 at 7:37am
Mine is out of the car as I am in the middle of restoring it so that is not a problem.
green70AMX
gordyzx9r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordyzx9r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2019 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by easydean easydean wrote:

I have a beautiful one - as close to NOS as can be found - I had 2 - $220 shipped if interested. Thank you.

Do you still have a nice one?
easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2019 at 6:06am
Sorry, both are sold that I had.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic