TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wanted  new torque converter for 304 with M44 Tran
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Wanted new torque converter for 304 with M44 Tran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake Oiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted new torque converter for 304 with M44 Tran
    Posted: Apr/15/2019 at 9:56am
I got the BW M44 rebuilt, need a new torque converter as mine is toast.  They are thinking about rebuilding this one.  Any suggestions?
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2019 at 1:11pm
Rebuild by a good shop is just fine.
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!)
70 AMX 360 4-speed
70 Javelin SST 390
Snake Oiler View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake Oiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2019 at 4:55pm
Just sent it away to be rebuilt.  Looks like the only way to go. Thanks
Snake Oiler View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake Oiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2019 at 2:50pm
ok, I really need some help. The torque converter was sent out to a rebuilder in Pittsburgh, who is supposedly the " best in the States".  He got it by UPS, opened it up and everything inside was busted in pieces.  He does not have the parts to fix it, and says "this TC came only with this 1971 AMC javelin specific with the 304 and M44(T-35) Trans"  you need to find a NOS one, a rebuilt one or a core that can be rebuilt.  All of you that can, please chime in.  Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic