TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Want Pics of York US 30 & my AMX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want Pics of York US 30 & my AMX
    Posted: Dec/15/2011 at 12:02pm
I own a 1970 AMX that was raced on the street and at US 30 in York PA from 1970 until 1972.  My brother (Lee Peterson) originally bought the car from a 1974 ad in Hot Rod Magazine "Classified Ads" that wasin the back of the mag.  The original owner worked at a Speed Shop in Lemoyne, PA and bought the car new at Carlisle Pike Auto Sales (I have the window sticker)..it was bought off the lot.  390, 4 speed, Go pak, Machine Wheel, Glen Green, Black Shadow with Tan Leather.  He orignally ran in stock class, the #5 piston broke the ring land during a Burn out.  AMC would not warraty the car since he was well know to Drag the car every weekend.  So he rebuilt the 390 in std bore with Forged TRW's (13.2 to 1 Compression), R4B Intake, Milodon 7 Qt pan and swing pick up, Engle Cam (Unknown Specs), Cloyes Roller Chain and Gears, Large Tube Hookers, Cool Can, 750 CFM Holley, Hays Clutch and P/P, Blow Proof Bell Housing, Battery moved to trunk...Dealer Installed 4.44 Gears and Henry's Axles in Rear End.  Here is the kicker, stock rockers, pushrods, std bore, stock rods, no porting, no valve work, torque links and traction bars.  The car was completely stock on the body, no extra weight removed, even the space saver was left in for weight transfer.  This car was a very consistant winner at York and has about 200 runs on it, it was put away until 1978, got it back running again, raced twice, put away again.  It only has 18K on odometer and is all in original paint and interior.  What I am looking for is any that might have pictures of this car being raced or know of anyone that might have been a photographer at the strip that I could contact.  I do know the original owner had a picture of him racing Bruce Larson in the USA-1 Camero....Larson in left lane, AMX in right lane (pic taken from right side) and the front wheels are far enough off the ground you can see the USA-1 on the door of his Camero.  Car was never sponsored, and never had any stickers placed on the original paint.  ANYONE's halp would be greatly appreciated.
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
stonedblue View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonedblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2011 at 3:38am
I have breakfast once a month with a bunch of car nuts and old racers. I will ask the guys for info.
I can build an engine, but, I can't drain oil without a mess.'04Ram,'99Plym.Van,"96Exploder,'79Dodge pickup, '71Jav. '68Jav, and '90 Gold Rush trailer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic