TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

WA Chrysler Expo - 10th of Febru

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 4:11pm
I am hearing you 74GremX. It is hard enough to get people organised these days for an afternoon BBQ let alone a full car show. Everyone just has so many other things to do and can't slow down to enjoy the finer things in life anymore. Me included. I actually live here in Albury Wodonga and am freinds with one of the organisers of the Chryslers on the Murray car show which is one of the most successful car shows held in this country. They always welcome AMC's etc but are lucky to get 1 or 2, if any, each year but maybe with a bit of a push we might be able to bring, at the very least, a full and worthy AMC section into this successful car show?  
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 5:58pm
The Hudson AMC Car Club of Australia hosted a national rally in October last year, did anyone go?

http//www.hudson-amc.org.au/national%20rally%20app.pdf

It's a hugh job organising a major show and not cheap either these days either. I think Chryslers on the Murray could work if it was promoted and supported within the AMC/Rambler community. The WA Rambler Club makes the Chrysler Expo one of their events for the year so there is usually a decent turnout. The other big shows for us on the WA calander would be the Classic Car Show at Whiteman Park and The Aussie Car Day in Pinjarra. At most other all make events you would be lucky to see one or two cars.
mc5fan1968 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc5fan1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 10:46pm
Studebaker announced the closure of the South Bend plant on December 9, 1963, and produced its last car in South Bend on December 20. The engine foundry remained open to supply the Canadian plant until the end of the 1964 model year, after which it was also closed. 1964, Kaiser-Jeep purchased the Studebaker facilities in South Bend, Indiana. They did not purchase Studebaker, just the building and equipment.

Limited automotive production continued at Studebaker's last remaining production facility in Hamilton, Otario (Canada)which had been profitable and where Studebaker produced cars until March 1966

Edited by mc5fan1968 - Jan/11/2013 at 10:49pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by mc5fan1968 mc5fan1968 wrote:

Studebaker announced the closure of the South Bend plant on December 9, 1963, and produced its last car in South Bend on December 20. The engine foundry remained open to supply the Canadian plant until the end of the 1964 model year, after which it was also closed. 1964, Kaiser-Jeep purchased the Studebaker facilities in South Bend, Indiana. They did not purchase Studebaker, just the building and equipment.

Limited automotive production continued at Studebaker's last remaining production facility in Hamilton, Otario (Canada)which had been profitable and where Studebaker produced cars until March 1966

Yeah you are right mate. There seems to be some discrepency as to who owns the Studebaker name but it is definately NOT Chrysler as I suggested (google makes dumb people like me smart LOL). You learn a new thing everyday. I think many people have always assumed Chrysler owned the name (such as myself) but it almost looks like no-one solely owns the name as such. Some fella owns the name only if it is associated with a motor vehicle which there has been talk of attaching it to a chinese car or to a scooter made in the US etc but it all looks like a bit of a grey area. Or is there more to it? (as I didn't dig too deep) Thanks for that Smile  
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc5fan1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 6:34pm
I had remembered reading about Studebaker and it's demise about 6 months ago. Interesting how all that went. The smaller companies did so much and were very innovative, yet they sold so few cars.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc5fan1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 6:36pm
Zsa Zsa Gabor endorses the 1963 Studebaker Lark
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46GOuo4J6Yk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46GOuo4J6Yk)

Edited by mc5fan1968 - Jan/12/2013 at 6:48pm
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 12:56am
Not sure if I should pass this on or keep it to myself.

Wink 

There will be a signed and framed print of the Jim Richards Javelin as a prize for the best AMC/Rambler on the day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic