TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

WA Chrysler Expo - 10th of Febru

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WA Chrysler Expo - 10th of Febru
    Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 9:18pm

Just a heads up for anyone in WA, the WA Chrysler Expo is coming up on the 10th of February 2013:

More info and entry forms available at the Charger Club website:

http://www.chargerclubofwa.asn.au/

or the expo site:

http://www.chryslerexpo.com

This show well and truely open to Rambler/AMC vehicles so it would be nice to see a few more there on the day.

If you want to enter your car in the judged section then entires must be received by the 28th of January 2013.

For non-judged entries you can certainly enter on the day, but to avoid a big traffic jam at the gate we would like to get as many entires in as possible prior to the show.

ausrambler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ausrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 1:24am
I'm going to be a bit of a marta here, but AMC/RAMBLER doesn't have anything to do with Chrysler.

You should be inviting Fords and Holdens along aswell if your opening the invite to Ramblers.

Just stating the truth thats all.Wink
aussie rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussie rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 3:34am
mmmmm , maybe i could take my 66 dodge dart convertible ....or my 82 chrysler le baron convert....Wink
bloody mongral bastard ramblers....lol..
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 3:44am

Chrysler bought out AMC in 1987 so technically Chrysler owns Rambler, Nash, Hudson, Jeep, Studebaker, even Willy's I think which were all brand names owned by AMC so I would say they would all be OK to attend Chrysler shows . And really a car show is just a celebration of cars so who really cares what type of cars turn up. I like shows such as the Shannons Aussie and American car shows in Melbourne as they showcase all sorts of cars from ancient jalopies to new cars and from everyday bangers to full show cars. Variety is the spice of life Smile

mc5fan1968 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc5fan1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 5:59am
Studebaker was not owned by AMC.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 6:48am
Originally posted by mc5fan1968 mc5fan1968 wrote:

Studebaker was not owned by AMC.
From wikepedia

'Studebaker was acquired by "Kaiser Industries" (in about 66/67 I can gather) which in 1970 was aquired by American Motors (AMC)'

So Chrysler must own the 'Kaiser' car brand name as well. What other old car brands does Chrysler own that were intermingled with all the buy ups over the years?

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 7:01am
Yes, I'm afraid Studebaker is out, but the link with AMC is indeed that Chrysler owns the brand and obviously Jeep is still in the marketplace under the Chrysler banner. I brought an AMC hat a while back and the label clearly stated that the AMC logo was used under licence to Chrysler. The show is open to everything loosely related to Chrysler, even the UK and European derivatives, variety is the spice of life as they say.

Anyway, it would be great to have an all AMC show, but in Australia it would be pretty boring because you would probably be lucky to get 10 cars in attendance. The Rambler trophies at the last Chrysler Expo didn't get awarded because nobody entered their cars in the judged section, so there is an opportunity for someone. I'll certainly be taking my Javelin along, but will be display only because it is not up to a standard where I think it is worthy of being judged.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 7:24am
Yeah an all AMC show in OZ would be great! Not that I am into the club scene but does the Rambler club hold an Aussie nationals or something? There would be some top cars out there for the right show. Apparently an Aussie Hornet got into the top 20 at the Summernats this year which would be a first for any AMC is it? It is a monumental feat to get a car in the top 20 let alone an AMC in the top 20. Well done whoever you are Clap
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 2:28pm
I wonder if an AMI (Australian Motor Industries) show instead of just AMC would be a biggie for cars assembled under the AMI banner bfeore it became solely Toyota? And don't worry people I don't think there is too many Toyota's from the AMI days that would turn up he he (although I could be wrong Smile ). Would be a great mix of cars and may even pull some people together who used to work at, and/or assemble our AMC cars. And in regards to show quality cars or not I don't think many people would care as it would be just good to see as many AMC's etc in the one spot regardless. As I said in a previous post the Shannons Aussie car show that was at Flemington racecourse in Melbourne (does it still run?) was one of the BEST shows I have been too. Cars were of all breeds and conditions and there were a fair few AMI/AMC's there as it catered for OZ assembled too. There was literally old everyday cars full of rust and in their unrestored working clothes up to full show cars and drag cars etc. Great stuff. Bring on an AMC/AMI day!!!!! Tongue  
74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 3:56pm
Organising a car show is a lot of work. Finding a venue in/near a capital city is one thing, then you need someone on the ground to organise it. There's not many people willing. I organised a show at the Birdwood Motor Museum many years ago, and got a few diehard interstaters, but it was like pulling teeth to get even Adelaide people to turn up. In Melbourne, where the Rambler Car Club used to have a yearly show, and I went many times, (this was on an oval near the old AMI factory in Port Melbourne) they have given up and now make the Flemington American Motoring Show as the day out. They couldn't even get people living within a couple of kms from the oval to turn up.    
We (AMCRC Club) did think of having a show where it would be central to many owners. Albury/Wodonga came to mind. Couldn't get anyone to find an oval or ground, check accomodation etc. so it didn't go any further.
Next month here in Adelaide there's our All American Day. There has to be at least 50 running Ramblers here in Adelaide. How many will turn up - 5 or 6 ? That's how many last year. And everything is organised for you ! The oval, catering, food, entertainment, and it's free entry ! Some of these are people with their cars on Conditional Rego too (I know, I am the club registrar) AND still people won't get their Ramblers out for the day.
So while there's a few enthusiatic people loving to have a specific make show, (and the idea of an AMI show is a good one) the reality is you are outnumbered by apathy.
1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic