TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Value of complete 69 AMX Seats???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5_AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Value of complete 69 AMX Seats???
    Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 10:14am
I have 2 sets of 69  Javelin or AMX seats that I am going to post for sale. They are complete with all hardware, head rests levers etc. They are functional and recline. However they will need to to be reupholstered with new foam and covers. They have been in inside storage for years.... What is the value of these ???  I have more parts that I am going to put up for sales as well. 

Thanks Scott
5 AMX's
69BBB3904spAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69BBB3904spAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 10:55pm
Smile Since no one has offered any opinions of value yet, I'll get this started for you - $300.00/pair
37 Ford Tudor 60 hp V8 flathead, all original, never restored
69BBB3904spAMX
70 Camaro 1st car
74 Hornet Hatch 6 cyl floor/auto
2007,2008,2009 PT Cruisers
Aluminum Deck Car Trailer
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 11:32pm
That's about $100 more than I would have said being that they need foam and upholstery, but there's a dreamer asking $1,495 for an absolutely horrible looking pair of them on E-Bay right now, so what do I know?
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 12:58am
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

That's about $100 more than I would have said being that they need foam and upholstery, but there's a dreamer asking $1,495 for an absolutely horrible looking pair of them on E-Bay right now, so what do I know?

For the record it's not this dreamer...LOL
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 8:55am
I have a free set waiting for me as soon as I can pick them up. Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 9:12am
Gosh, and and sold my 71 set with good cushions and torn driver bottom cover for $100.00. But that was 10 years ago. I assume most things have doubled since then any way.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
5_AMXS View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5_AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2017 at 9:41am
Thanks for the input.  I will be keeping one set. As I said I have 3 sets and will be posting two sets of them shortly with pictures with various prices. All are in good mechanical working order with "NO Rust" since they were stored in a dry area. All have good seat back foam that could be reused. The other bottoms I will have to check. All have good headrests that are in good shape.

1. Tan leather - dry rotted - will need foam on bottom 
2. Silver - still usable - good shape
3. Black - basic - still usable

BTW: I have an OEM Big Bad Javelin Roof Spoiler in VGC "that is not bowed" - I will be posting soon as well. 

Thanks 

Scott
5 AMX's
uslees View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uslees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2017 at 8:59pm
Scott. I am interested in the silver set if they are still available

Thanks Michael
5_AMXS View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5_AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2017 at 8:03am
Just some more questions w/r to available parts for the seats. One set is missing some parts. Does anyone re-pop these:

> seat release latch?
> seat recline latch?
> chrome side cover for the latches
> head rests I have these but just curious- could ambassador etc head rests be used  be used?
> Seat back flat plate - looks like this could be re-fabbed though
> Seat Tracks?

I looked up the parts to refurnish the seats from one of the vendors i.e. foam, burlap etc and its a small fortune- but at least they have most of the parts.  However I didn't see the aforementioned parts.

Thanks

5 AMX's
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2017 at 9:22am
I just sold a set locally out of my AMX for $150. Complete with all levers, covers, backs, and headrests, no tracks. Black, good 68 inserts but the rest would need to be redone. 
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic