TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Vale Dave Tuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vale Dave Tuck
    Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 6:54am

It is with great sadness that I must let the Rambler community know that My brother and friend Dave Tuck passed away this morning after a short illness. He will be dearly missed. Details of the funeral will be made as soon as possible.

74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 1:01pm
I shocked to hear of this. I've known Dave for a number years via mail and then email. We finally met in person at the AMO meet in Detroit in 2010 and had a nice long talk. Not long enough thou. I'm greatly sadden to hear of this. Larry R. Daum 
LRDaum
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 1:17pm
My condolences for the loss of your beloved brother.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 1:17pm
Very sorry to hear of your loss..

Rich C.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 1:02am
Thanks for posting that up here Andrew. Sad news mate. I had some good banter here and there on various topics with him on this forum and we usually followed it up with a phone chat if it was getting a bit deep which I always enjoyed. He had a lot of knowledge to share. My only regret is I never got to put a face to the man and never met him in person. I was always trying to get him to come over for a holiday to the show.

I heard or read somewhere (I think Gordon Pendlebury) about when someone passes away its near the same as a library burning down. In this case very true as he had a lot of knowledge, not just about AMC's, that he liked to share when asked ie the Pitman arm/idler arm article he wrote

Another AMC enthusiast, and one of the genuine old school guys, who will be sorely missed

Jason
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 5:28am
Sad news Andrew. Condolences from John & Phyllis.
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2017 at 6:05am
Thanks for all the well wishes. Yes Dave's wealth of knowledge will be missed Not just in the AMC's but Electrical as well. His work ethic was amazing,  In his final days he was finishing off clients Technical manuals cos "I've got to get them done before I go " It was like he was going on holiday. Dave has forgotten more than Ill ever know about our beloved cars. Yes it is like losing a library. even now I'm sorting out parts and thinking "what's that off of ?" "hang on Ill phone Dave......Hmm......I cant.
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic