TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Vacuum Diagrams?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vacuum Diagrams?
    Posted: Apr/23/2018 at 8:01pm
I'm not really having any luck with google or searching here, so time for the new guy to ask questions, LOL.

Are there any vacuum diagrams available for 64 AMCs?  There's a couple things that look a little off under the hood and I wanted to verify them.  Mainly, the vacuum assisted wiper "motor" vacuum line is going to the fuel pump.  Confused   Maybe it's right...  I've seen stranger things.

The '64 TSM doesn't seem to have vacuum diagrams.  I figure the system was simple enough that they just expected techs to know and/or there was (at one time) a sticker under the hood.
1964 AMC Rambler Classic 660

"You can think I'm an idiot, just don't talk to me like I'm one." - Batman
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2018 at 5:53am
What you have is a two-diaphragm fuel pump...common in the 1950's and '60's. One side pumps fuel, the other is a vacuum ASSIST pump.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
rms827 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2018 at 6:54am
Cool, thanks.  Smile

I'd actually just found the info a little while ago myself and forgot to update the post.  Nice to have verification though.

Google is REALLY frustrating me with trying to learn about the car.  I don't know if it hates me in particular or AMCs in general.  Seems IF I find info on something though, it's always after hours of searching.  Even for gaskets, for crying out loud.

rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2018 at 8:00am
THIS forum should be your FIRST source of any information you require about your AMC.  Google doesn't know a carburetor from a can of Crisco.  Gasket sets are readily available on eBay and any of the AMC vendors.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
rms827 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2018 at 9:20am
Originally posted by rocklandrambler rocklandrambler wrote:

THIS forum should be your FIRST source of any information you require about your AMC.  Google doesn't know a carburetor from a can of Crisco.  Gasket sets are readily available on eBay and any of the AMC vendors.

That's the comical thing...  Most of the time when I finally find something via search engine, it does steer me to an old post here, LOL.  I have trouble with the site search results too, but I'm learning there...  It's just a matter of the right keywords and phrases.

Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2018 at 5:57pm
I find using "theamcforum.com" in the search string in google or whatever search engine you use will usually get you the information that you need.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic