TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

UR-18 Tunnel Ram

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UR-18 Tunnel Ram
    Posted: Sep/27/2018 at 1:02pm
I figured I would put this out there again. Open for trades!!!   
Home of:
Craig Breedlove' "AERO AMX" #1
SS/AMX #9(THE BIG MENACE)
1970 AMX 416,EFI,5 speed(Mine)   
1970 Javelin 401, 727 (My Wife's)
1969 AMX,390,Auto,Go Pac (My Mom's)
pwrslide View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwrslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2018 at 8:41pm
If there ever was an AMC intake manifold that needed reproducing by Edelbrock it would be the UR-18 base. The UR-11 top was a compromise I believe as a cost saving measure to use the already available hemi top and it does work well but adapters are needed to run on the street with smaller carbs along with a hole in the hood obviously. The UR-18 base could also easily (i think) be used for an EFI TB or port setup with some minor changes and still fit under most stock amc or Jeep hoods.. I run the ram on the street with 2-500 cfm carbs and  it is everything I ever wanted or need...instant throttle response and surprisingly good low end with my combo. The midrange torque is brutal when it hits at 3500. Prices are steep for these but they are available. Good luck.....

one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 9:44pm
I agree 100%..I would love to see this manifold reproduced...The last guy told me 5k for the one he had..He must have been high....I run a pair of modified 600dp`s   
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 2:31am
Easydean had two of them for sale a few months ago. If you find two reasonable let me know I'll take one. 

Tom
easydean View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 4:34pm
Still have both.

pwrslide View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwrslide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2018 at 5:27pm
I got mine also from Easydean and have zero complaints.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 8:50pm
Dennis and I are both poor car guys and can't afford those high dollar intakes. Pig

Tom
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

Dennis and I are both poor car guys and can't afford those high dollar intakes. Pig

Tom

I was hoping Dennis would have tricked someone into making a batch by now...

Dennis to the guys in the mold department:
"ahhh,, no, these tunnel rams are for the newest LS engine,
 they're brand new, you probably just haven't seen one yet..
I swear"
71 Javelin AMX P-code Go pac 360/4spd/3.91's
was Green/green now T/A red w/blk leather

88,89&98 Jeeps
oldamcer View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldamcer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 11:04pm
     I took mine to Cordova,no one was buying.   UR18/UR-11 top,2 nice 450 carbs and linkage.  $3500
40 Hudson Coupe 304/904
64 American "Gasser" 434/998
69 Ambo Wagon"The Flower Car"
69 AMX 343/5 Speed
71 Hornet "Drag On Lady" clone
74 Hornet Hatchback 390/6-speed

AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by oldamcer oldamcer wrote:

I took mine to Cordova,no one was buying.   UR18/UR-11 top,2 nice 450 carbs and linkage.  $3500

Thought I seen $2500 on that one at Cordova. You had a bellhousing for $450 also?

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic