TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Transmission

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2015 at 3:06pm
More info: Lockup vs non-lockup The lockup has a pilot that goes into a bushing in the converter because the fluid comes through the shaft to lock up the converter.

Lockup valvebody

carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2015 at 3:12pm
998 vs 727 (4x4 version) Note the visible shape difference in the pass side of the pan. Makes ID'ing from above a snap.

Oberrod View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oberrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2015 at 9:37am
It looks like exactly the TF 999, the form of the bell and the difference at the pan.
And a friend means to me that is the tf999, but where is the 1 manual gear?

position relation on the shifter to the trans is:

P   R   N   D   2   1     -Shifter position
P    R     N     D    2    -Trans position
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2015 at 1:40pm
Too much "play" in the bushings probably or the linkage out of adjust or wrong length lever on the trans. On the left trans, you can see the adjuster screw to move the linkage. Too far the other way and it won't engage park. One other thing. If the bolt on the lever on the trans is loose, it may not engage all the way to first gear.
Oberrod View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oberrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2015 at 12:10pm
i can shift directly on the transmission, the same: i can´t shift to 1, i have only 5 shifts and it shifts directly, no play or something i can feel.
When i adjust the linkage on the other side i shift in P when the shifter stand on R:

P   R   N   D   2   1    Shifter
      P    R    N    D     Trans
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2015 at 1:34pm
Maybe the linkage inside is messed up then? That's assuming the external linkage isn't upside down and hitting the case? (yup. Been there, got the "DOH!" moment award back in the '70s)
Oberrod View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oberrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2015 at 9:48am
ok its done, i have open the trans and shift the inside linkage 50 times or more and suddenly dose it work and i can shift manual in the 1st gear.
It must be plugged anywhere inside the trans, probably because it was 5 years unused.

carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2015 at 1:20am
It was a stuck valve then

Oberrod View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oberrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2015 at 2:36am
Thanks for the nice help^^
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2015 at 2:39am
I would add some synthetic additive like Lubeguard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic