TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Tranny problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67RebelMariner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tranny problems
    Posted: Jun/12/2015 at 5:07pm
I have a 1967 Rebel Mariner Wagon with the 290 CID engine. Recently the transmission has started acting up. Once the tranny gets warm it quits shifting from 2nd to 3rd. 1st to 2nd shift is great smooth and quick, likwise reverse, no problems there, justt 2nd to 3rd after the tranny warms up. I am hoping that it is a filter it needs (the car just sat for a number of years before we got it). I just need someone more knowlageable than I am to confirm a filter or tell what other things might be wrong with it. Thank you in advance for your help. Hope to hear from someone soon.  
'67 AMC Rebel Mariner
Snotty View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2015 at 8:10pm
Fluid and filter change is a good start since you know it has not been done.
Son's car: '73 Gremlin X, 401, T-10, Mopar 8.75 rear with 3.23 sure grip. My car: '70 Newport Convertible, 440 automatic
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2015 at 8:21pm
The sixties (1960s) service manuals in general have pretty good transmission diagnostic instructions in them.  I suggest you get the manual.   It really could help you.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
67RebelMariner View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67RebelMariner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2015 at 9:07pm
Thanks guys...will do both

'67 AMC Rebel Mariner
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic