TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Traco Engined AMX in Sept 2011 Car Craft

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingedSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 7:22am
Very cool car. Not a fan of Traco especially after reading Bobby Allison's book. They were Chevy guys and weren't into the AMC. They were intent on using up substandard rocker arms on Allison's Matador that kept breaking.  I've read they made the same horsepower with the AMC Trans-AM motor as the Chevy right away and seemed to think it was enough. Wish they had kept on digging. 
Straightaways are for fast cars...turns are for fast drivers
1969Muscle View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969Muscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 9:00am
I suspect there isn't much left of what Traco did in that AMX. Likely just the intake. Just too many years ago now, especially for a road racer. A racer friend of mine knows one of the fellows that once worked for Traco in that time period. He claims some of Allison's stories have been "construed" a bit. Well, it has been many years.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic