TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Tom Shaw (Musclecar Review Magazine)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tom Shaw (Musclecar Review Magazine)
    Posted: Dec/06/2016 at 5:40pm

For those who haven't heard elsewhere, Tom Shaw "Wordsmith Extraordinaire" passed away recently, likely from complications he suffered from a recent car accident.

My son Trevor and I met Tom years ago while participating at the Pure Stock Drags. A kinder cooler person you will not meet.

You may know Toms work from many periodicals that he wrote for, but likely would know him from his long on, off and then on again relationship, with Muscle Car Review magazine where he recently wrote "The Last Page" editorial.

Although Tom held a love for the Blue Oval, he really was color blind when it came to American makes. He was very friendly to us AM people, and had a unique way of relating American Muscle Car culture.

Here's a link to a memorial written by the Pure Stock Drag organizers:  http://www.psmcdr.com/21.html

Rest in Peace friend ......

Rich Corsello
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2016 at 5:12pm
I met Tom Shaw I believe in was in the mid to late 1990s at a Mopar Nationals , one of the three that was held in Indianapolis not Columbus. Very nice man, very open on his likes. He was trying to find a Randall XR-401 , as he thought well of them. He was taking a break from judging the OEM Gold class at the Mopar Nationals. For those of you not familiar with the OEM Gold judging, it is limited to only a couple cars and then a team of judges spend about two days judging the cars , including on a lift and partly taking the cars apart. The most exact judging I've ever seen, nothing like the 15 minutes if that the AMC clubs do. Sorry to hear of his loss. LRDaum
LRDaum
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2016 at 6:10pm
RIP Tom.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic