TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Tissue dispenser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tissue dispenser
    Posted: Nov/20/2019 at 11:54am
Last Christmas my parents got me a tissue dispenser for my 63 Rambler and I set it aside while I was working out some other things. It's about time I put it in and I was wondering if anyone might know exactly how it's installed? Did they come with instructions originally?
Jason
raysinvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysinvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2019 at 2:10pm
On my '64, there were already holes drilled on the bottom lip of the dash, with nuts welded there too. Just found the right screws and done!
Andy Ray
64 440H
64 440 Convertible
68 Javelin SST 343
69 Javelin SST 343
69 SC/Rambler
Mostru View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2019 at 3:32pm
There are two holes on the underside of the dash placed where the mount for the dispenser would go. The only thing is they aren’t threaded, and there’s maybe about half an inch of space before you get to the glove box. No room to put a nut on the other side or anything. I guess my only option is to tap the holes? 
Jason
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2019 at 7:52am
Take the glovebox out and put nuts on short bolts. Not hard to remove glove box.
You will have a hard time finding a tissue box for the dispenser. I don't know of a source for that size box, they aren't commonly available anymore.

Frank Swygert
AMXTSY View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXTSY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2019 at 10:06am
 On several occasions, I have managed to 'acquire' replacement tissue boxes while staying at various hotel/motel chains. It seems that their commercial paper suppliers still produce a thinner height box to fit built-in bathroom dispensers. These replacements can still fit the older full size, back-loaded car dispensers.

The 'newer' style, front-loaded dispensers which were designed for the smaller cars (AMX's, Javelins etc.) require the compact Kleenex Jr. size. There is a current "Junior" box listing on EBay for $39.99. Ouch!!
I guess it doesn't always help "soften the blow". LOL  Bruce
Bruce Carothers
Champaign County, Il.
AMO # 9928
Mostru View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2019 at 2:21pm
Thanks, will do that. Will update with pics when finished.
Jason
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2019 at 8:24pm
a few weeks ago I saw a stereo hidden in the chrome tissue box. Nice hack!

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

Concours dude View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concours dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2019 at 9:32pm
Just wondering...does it have the "R" or the "AM"?
Past owned:
62 Classic 400
1976 Hornet
65 440 H
61 Amb
59 Classic wagon
55 Ambassador Sedan
54 Ambassador Country Club
AMCRC #1929
AMO #10029
Mostru View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2019 at 9:08am
It's got the R
Jason
Concours dude View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concours dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2019 at 10:17pm
The "R" is 1963 correct.
Past owned:
62 Classic 400
1976 Hornet
65 440 H
61 Amb
59 Classic wagon
55 Ambassador Sedan
54 Ambassador Country Club
AMCRC #1929
AMO #10029
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>