TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

This is Edsel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is Edsel
    Posted: Apr/25/2017 at 8:13pm
Remember there was an Edsel Pacer?  Regarded like all Edsels as misfits by most people during the 60's?   Well I name all my cars so the name seems appropriate.  I do have a soft spot for Pacers after having owned a Pacer wagon in the 80's.   

I got this car from seller who had several of them in the mountains behind Santa Cruz.  Since I have owned it, it has been stored outside in the hot dry air of central CA for several years.  The new tires I put on it many years ago are probably cooked.  I did have most of the plastic interior parts, as well as the vinyl bucket seats stored in my garage here at home.  He did get dirty and dusty though.  This will be a fill-in project restored to hopefully be a clean driver, not a show car.  He is a base level 258 3-speed floor shift but has the black bucket seats of a Pacer X.   I will repaint most of the car.  I have already painted the rear hatch.  Original color is mellow yellow.  He does have tinted glass all round but no air.  He was purchased new in San Jose so someone must have been counting on the sea breeze near the coast to keep them cool.  

This will be a fill-in project as I complete the Rambler and Gremlin and begin on the AMX.   I thought I would start the thread since I am working on the car again after a lay-off of several years.  I seem to have lost or misplaced several parts and putting together all those plastic pieces in the interior is proving to be a challenge.  

There is some rust through pn the passenger side floorboard that needs repair due to a windshield leak on that side.  I pulled the dash apart to get that top plate out (pictureed) and refinish it due to mild surface rust and cooked paint.  Let's see, black interior on a Pacer in CA?  Makes a lot of sense but the colors do go together well.  The car was stored inadvertently with at least one window down.  Did I mention it got dirty?  

Edited by pacerman - Apr/25/2017 at 8:17pm
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
SeanHatfield View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2017 at 8:28pm
Man, that dash came out really nicely! A little body work, some paint, and piecing it back together and this thing will be good to go!
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2017 at 1:04am
Awesome project!  That will be a really nice car! 
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 7:42pm
Thumbs Up
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic