TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

The Lost Dealership Project & dealership

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lost Dealership Project & dealership
    Posted: Jan/20/2008 at 2:58am
A new sub-forum has been created under General AMC Chat to hold information about AMC and related companies (Rambler, Nash, etc.) dealerships. The main thrust is the Lost Dealership Project spearheaded by Ohio AMX with valuable contributions by farna and others.
The moderators include the normal infamous gang of 6 but in this case, I've added Ohio AMX and farna.

PLEASE, restrict posts to factual information, photos, etc. - things that can be verified or that add value to the project as a whole.
"Me Too" and "this is cool" posts should be restricted to the general chat or other areas. Only additional information should be placed here.

This new structure will ensure that this information is always easily and readily accessable and will not get buried in years worth of other posts, information or chat.

Thank you all for your help.
IowaEagle View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IowaEagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2008 at 7:00pm
OK folks.   Mike is toying with the idea of shutting down the AMC Heritage Forum.  He has valid reasons mostly due to inactivity and only a few people assisting in the archiving of AMC Heritage information.  Now a few of us are lobbying him to make a few changes and maybe not close the doors.  IMO we need one place where the history of AMC will be preserved for anyone with a computer to access for free.  So if you have not been there for a while and want to see Mike continue on with this project I invite you to go visit again and if you want, go to this thread and voice your comments:  http://www.forum.route66rambler.com/index.php/topic,1077.0.html

If you are not registered and wish to comment then you will need to register, but you will then have to wait a bit for your e-mail confirmation.
tom ball View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2015 at 9:56am
does anyone have info on Trenfel Rambler from San Diego, Ca? Thank you Tom
Tom Jones View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 8:42pm
I've looked on many lists and have unsuccessfully found any info or even a mention on Sandra auto sales located in Chicago. The dealer tag on my 1962 Rambler Classic reads "Sandra Auto Sales." Thanks
81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2016 at 4:22pm
Parker Brothers (Hudson) AMC, Main St. Lake Luzerne, NY.     12842
81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2016 at 1:05pm
My 1988 Eagle S/W came from Town & Country Auto Sales Inc,   7 Main Street, Ivoryton, CT. 06442. Dealer # X
977.   Vehicle was sold Feb. 3, 1988. I purchased the vehicle Nov 26, 2015 from the original owner
81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2018 at 10:17am
Natale AMC. (Nash) on South Broadway in Saratoga Springs, NY.
sandmountainjeep View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandmountainjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2019 at 8:24pm
Biddle Motors,  Henagar, Ala
1969 S/C Rambler, 1991 Comanche Pioneer MJ, 1983 Eagle Wagon, 1998 Wrangler Sahara,1977 Gremlin X, 2000 Cherokee XJ
Carguy362 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carguy362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2020 at 3:47pm
Hello Bill,

I am a new member (or possibly a member, again) - LOL!

I am working on restoring my early 1975 Pacer D/L.  I am the First owner and the Fourth owner.

I bought it back from a cousin, in Minnesota, in about 2010 and drove it back to California. 
My cousin saved all the paperwork and manuals with the car.

I have the Window Sticker, Optional dealer equipment sticker, Delivery Sticker, Warranty card and Build sheet
found under the seat. I ordered my car at 'Fullerton AMC', Fullerton, CA in Feb. 1975 and accepted delivery on March 20th, 1975.

I also, had my car serviced at 'Countywide AMC' in Garden Grove, CA with several repair orders.  
If you need any of this info for these dealers, for your project I would be happy to forward in electronic format.

Gary

Edited by Carguy362 - Jan/12/2020 at 3:51pm
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2020 at 8:19pm
My family bought three new AMC's over the years.

'63 Rambler Classic 550 from Economy Rambler, Pomona CA
'69 Javelin (Base) 290 from Ocean Rambler, Oceanside, CA
'73 Javelin 304. I think it came from Ocean Rambler too (perhaps Ocean AMC by then?) but I was in the Army at that point and am not sure where they bought it.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic