TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

The Golden Girl - '67 American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Golden Girl - '67 American
    Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 8:51pm
After years of toying with the idea of buying a classic car, I recently became infatuated with the Rambler American. I really wanted a 3rd gen wagon, and after passing up a few local deals I came across a Craigslist ad for a 'fair condition' sedan. Since the car was a few hours from me, I had a buddy local to the area take a look at it - and boy did his news excite me! A few days later I picked it up. From what I was told, it is a 1-owner car, that was donated to his church after he died. It's been repainted and reupholstered, and otherwise looks unmolested. The last time it was registered was 2012. It's a 1967 440, auto, 290 v8, and positive rear end. It came with what I assume is the original key fob, and a service manual (not sure of vintage).

Well... my wife is a big Wayne's World fan and has always wanted a Pacer, so I felt a bit like I was overlooking her AMC interests when I found this car. One look at it and I knew I had to name it in honor of her - and in reference to one of her favorite TV shows - so I give you "The Golden Girl".

I was cleaning it up the other night and look what I found under the passenger seat - pretty cool!

Right now, I plan to get it roadworthy as-is. As time progresses the plan is to do a drivetrain swap with an GM LS engine, T56 transmission, 9" rear, and most probably the entire Control Freak catalog.
67 Rambler American - "The Golden Girl"

Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 9:08pm
"As time progresses the plan is to do a drivetrain swap with an GM LS engine"

Prepare for the all out assault about doing that! 3..... 2.....1..... LOL

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi powered Javelin
Hurley View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 9:17pm
{Looks at Mopar_guy's signature}

Yeah, everyone has their thing. When that time comes I'm hoping someone wants the complete drivetrain from it so it can be used for something good.

232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 9:57pm
Looks like a clean little car.  I have a '69 440 with a 232.... But, now has a t5 Big smile.  It's your car, so do with it as you please.  However, it sure would be nice to see an AMC under the hood.
23baseball3 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23baseball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 10:32pm
It's cool to see an AMC on the road regardless of what it's got under the hood. It's your car, be happy with it! You certainly aren't going hurt the value of the car by doing an LS/T56 swap.
1979 Spirit AMX 304/4 Speed AC
raysinvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysinvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 11:19pm
I will be very interested in that drivetrain, in the event that you do Franknrambler the car.
Andy Ray
64 440H
64 440 Convertible
68 Javelin SST 343
69 Javelin SST 343
69 SC/Rambler
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2018 at 12:15am
wow very nice car looks to clean to franken rambler it but its yours
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2018 at 12:56am
Nice 440 and a V8 to boot. Someone will definitely want the leftovers when you perform your swap.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 220 360
68 American 220 199
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2018 at 1:20pm
First full year for the then new GenII AMC V8, nice car.
Only a few special mid-1966 model year "Rogue" hardtops had the Gen II.

Edited by PHAT69AMX - Sep/14/2018 at 1:23pm
Hurley View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by LakesideRamblin LakesideRamblin wrote:

Nice 440 and a V8 to boot. Someone will definitely want the leftovers when you perform your swap.

Oh I'm going to make sure someone puts everything removed to good use!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic