TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > The Final Chapter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

The fat lady sings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2013 at 8:48pm
I found this thread to be very interesting and educating, Thank you for sharing this information. 
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2013 at 6:36pm
Speaking of demise of another Auto maker. Here in Adelaide South Australia the GM giants have decided to close down the local Holden lines in Elizabeth SA and Engine plant in Fishermans bend Vic. ONE man decided the fate of over 2000 employees and over 12000 workers in supply and maintenance areas. The closure will decimate the local area of Elizabeth and surrounding suburbs. The federal government (liberal) did little to nothing to stop this. Meanwhile the state (labour) premier bent over backwards to try and get GM to stay. A sad day for South Australia.
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
Budwisr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budwisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by ozziamc ozziamc wrote:

Speaking of demise of another Auto maker. Here in Adelaide South Australia the GM giants have decided to close down the local Holden lines in Elizabeth SA and Engine plant in Fishermans bend Vic. ONE man decided the fate of over 2000 employees and over 12000 workers in supply and maintenance areas. The closure will decimate the local area of Elizabeth and surrounding suburbs. The federal government (liberal) did little to nothing to stop this. Meanwhile the state (labour) premier bent over backwards to try and get GM to stay. A sad day for South Australia.
Does Australia no longer have content laws?

1970 AMX 1980 AMX
<br
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2013 at 3:40am
Yes we do but the Liberals just dont want to help.
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2013 at 2:34pm
Now looks like Toyota will be leaving our shores. No new cars will be made in Australia soon only Imports.
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
HURSTSSAMX69 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HURSTSSAMX69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2014 at 10:32pm
Yep Fiat bought Chrysler starting in 2009, by 2011 was the majority owner and 1/20/14 they finally bought the remaining percentage...

Chrysler/Dodge/Ram-Jeep and Mopar are now brands of Fiat along with Ferrari Maserati Alpha Romeo, and Lancia. So its got some good company lol

Mike
1953 REO M48 w/w.
1962 GMC C3000.
1966 Rambler Classic.
1969 AMC AMX-390.
1982 Chevy C30 diesel.

mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2014 at 12:05pm
I find it interesting that GM would close down Holden , as they are the only part of GM doing any development on rear wheel cars. LRDaum
LRDaum
HURSTSSAMX69 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HURSTSSAMX69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2014 at 6:41pm
I thought it was just a part of Holden? So its going to be the whole thing now? Well Fiat taking over Chrysler don't bother me none... was hoping for a shut down, But ive settled for the rebadging!

Mike  
1953 REO M48 w/w.
1962 GMC C3000.
1966 Rambler Classic.
1969 AMC AMX-390.
1982 Chevy C30 diesel.

Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2014 at 7:59pm
Holden, Ford and possibly Toyota will no longer manufacture vehicles in Australia.
The remaining vehicles sold will just be re branded imports.
No more rear wheel drive action around here anymore!

THE STING View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE STING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2014 at 6:27am
I remember when it happened and was really sad about it , I only been a AMCer for a couple year then and was really fallen in love with the product , my first AMC was a 1971 SC/360 Hornet that I still own...I've had many others but my first is my favorite.

Thanks for posting...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic