TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

THE AUSSIE RAMBLER PARTS INTERCHANGE SECTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RamblerSpares View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamblerSpares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2014 at 2:43am
The holden tie rods are at least 20mm shorter if your game....
Jeff Fripp
1970 Ambassador Coupe
1969 Rebel sedan
1957 Hudson Hornet
ramblerspares@optusnet.com.au
skymit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skymit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2014 at 5:56pm
I'd forgotten about this thread until yesterday. Really need to get it stickied. Anyway, I have found another parts interchange.

The rear door lock knobs on my 70 rebel are identical to Holden ones and can be bought brand new from Rare spares. Got some yesterday.
I walked in to the shop with the knob expecting him to show me some that were close and would do the job but not quited the same. To my surprise they were identical. You can also buy them with the chrome ring that they slot through but not sure if that is the same.

PART NO: DLK9
DOOR LOCK KNOB KIT (2) CHRM HK-WB LC-UC NO FERRULE

EDIT: Knobs are the same but thread was different. I just re tapped them and they are still working fine a year on. Cant remember the thread size though

Edited by skymit - Jan/09/2016 at 7:43am
Rambling On View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2014 at 6:44pm
i found early valiant head light  dip switch on the floor is the same as on my 65 american . may also be the same on other ramblers .  
1965 Rambler American 440h coup LHD
mick gill View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2014 at 7:27pm
My Matador has one of the Holden lock knobs on the pass side and an XY Fairmont one on the drivers side.
My dimmer switch melted itself last month and a generic (Chinese?) one went in just fine.
Cheers guys.
71 Matador 360/Auto
77 HZ One Tonner 350/T400
Aus69Jav View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aus69Jav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2015 at 9:54pm
Hi All,

Does anyone have any Aussie alternative for rubber brake hoses to suit 69 Javelin.
Front discs are Bendix 4 piston, rear is standard type that feeds both sides.
I was hoping one of our models may use very similar hoses.
Importing is always available but with a low dollar and freight, local may be best.

Thanks John.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2015 at 3:10am
I would just import, but that's just me, I find it's usually easier than hunting around local suppliers, but a decent brake shop should be able to make you something.

Rockauto has them on wholesaler closeout for AU$6.58 each, the only problem is they only have one left.
Aus69Jav View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aus69Jav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2015 at 5:29am
Thanks for the Rock auto tip I will check their site.
Under $7 for a new hose is very low.
So far I have used APD for a few parts, good service.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2015 at 6:21am
Normal price is around $26, so two hoses plus shipping will be $90-100. You can't buy one cheap one and one expensive one because they come from different locations and it stuffs up the shipping.
Kiwi1970 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2015 at 10:23pm
Hi all,

The water hoses on my 360 are all rotten. I can get a top and a bottom radiator hose from Repco ok but the smaller thermostat hose, the U shaped one seems to be impossible to get. I tried a few Jeep places and each one said they only deal in 96+ Jeep parts. That sounds weird to me. But in any case, is there a Chrysler etc hose that can fit.  I'm sure this is not a new question but I couldn't find anything on the Search. Sorry in advance if this is repetitive.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 2:42am
You need to find someone who deals in older Jeeps, 4WD USA would be a good start, but they are in WA. Otherwise go into a decent auto parts shop with a sample and have a look through their hose connection for something the right shape even if you have to cut it down to length. You might even get away with a straight hose and just bend it around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic