TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Texas 69 Javelin Rebuild SHE RUNS!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texas 69 Javelin Rebuild SHE RUNS!!
    Posted: Jan/08/2014 at 1:08pm
This looks like a great place to chronicle my restore, restomod, rebuild, whatever you want to call it. I’ve looked through several of these and they are really cool. I have rebuilt other cars, trucks, and scooters but never an AMC. I have always liked the Javelins and have always wanted one, but all of my rebuilds have been driveway rebuilds and I would keep them for a year or two and sell them off. But when I built myself a shop I was looking for one to rebuild and keep. I picked up a 1969 Javelin roller that had been stored in a barn. It’s obvious that it has been redone once before and was last inspected in 1995, so I’m going to guess it hasn’t been on the road since then. No motor, transmission, or driveshaft but the body is smooth. Don’t know how much bondo is on it, but the floor pans and trunk are solid. It is missing the grill, and the interior is missing the driver’s seat and the back seat. A check of the numbers shows it to be a 290, auto, A/C car. Unfortunately it is missing the door tag. Once it was off the trailer, I gave it the once over with the water hose and it already looked better than it did in the barn. It’s usually the other way around. Once in the shop pulled the carpet, seat, and door panels to try and alleviate some of the barn smell. Pulled the gas tank, it will have to be replaced. Lots of pin holes one big hole and tons of rust inside. As we speak it is on jack stands having the front end dismantled to be rebuilt with all new rubber. I would post some pictures, but I don’t have my 30 posts yet. As soon as I get them I will add some pictures. I have a line on a motor and trans, I will know in a couple of days if it’s good to go.

Edited by Texas275 - Apr/11/2017 at 8:29am
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2014 at 1:18pm
Can't wait until you hit 30 posts so we can see some pictures. Sounds like a fun project.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Texas275 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2014 at 1:20pm
I'm trying.
wantajav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantajav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2014 at 6:18pm
Behind the rear panel of the pass seat on a 1969 Javelin you may find a beige piece of paper Car Building Order that is the build sheet from the factory, tells you every option on the car, trim codes, etc...

Mike
Texas275 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2014 at 7:49pm
The passenger seat is the only one left in the car. I'll have to look.
Texas275 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2014 at 1:45pm
Got my 30 points so I can show off my project.

Fresh from the barn
fast401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fast401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2014 at 2:06pm
Body looks pretty good.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!   AMX 19245
Facebook page - AMC Nation
www.fast-401.4t.com
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2014 at 4:20pm
That is a sharp car! Love the white with blue stripes. Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2014 at 4:45pm
WOW, that is a solid looking car. Nice find!!!! Are the floors as solid as the body looks in the pictures?

Dennis
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's car)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
Texas275 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2014 at 5:51pm
Thanks. I'm super pumped about it. The floors and trunk are rock solid. I've crawled all over it and can't see any welds where they have been replaced. The body is sound.

Hoping to pick up a 360 with a 727 attached to it. All was supposed to be running when came out of a jeep 2 years ago. The guy said that I get another trans (unknown what it is), 3 intakes, 3 or 4 carbs, and extra alt as we'll. Sounds awesome. We'll see.

Like a I said earlier, the front end is out and everything on the left side has been sandblasted, so I got time for motor trans work while I get the suspension done. Still looking for other parts as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic