TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

TA Javelin 5 ltr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FASTNASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2018 at 7:54am
Very Nice Sound and Looks. Very Cool.   
AMO#3040 NAMDRA#1115 AMC's are just like potato chips you just can't have one.              
Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2018 at 10:46pm
Got a fresh set of correct Goodyear Blue Streak Specials on the car.
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2018 at 12:31am
I am really surprised that the oil pickups are on the passenger side rather than on the drivers side. Typically a dry sup pan will always have the pickups on the drivers side. Looks nice, but you might have left some power on the table with it on the other side.

Tom
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2018 at 5:31am
Beautiful machine!

I'd love to see a Traco intake on it,
but with the power you're already making it would be for style points more than anything else.

Did you consider running a cross ram at all, or were you trying to stay TA period correct with the single carb?

I'd love to build an earlier Javelin TA tribute to the short time they ran tunnel rams,
but the later Javelins like yours looks so much better in TA trim I'd want both! LOL

Very nice car either way,
thanks for building what the rest of us are dreaming about. Clap

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2018 at 5:47am
Can't see where what side the pickup in the sump is on would make a difference, unless maybe round track racing where oil is slung to one side all the time in the curves. On a T/A car that wouldn't make a difference at all, but would on NASCAR. Maybe the dry sumps were originally developed for NASCAR? Pickup on the passenger side makes perfectly good sense on an AMC -- shortest distance to pump.
Frank Swygert
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2018 at 6:35am
All of the AMC NASCAR engines had the pump on the passenger side. The road race cars to include the F5000 engines were all on the drivers side. Weaver Bros used to make the mounts. I bought a set of each from Weaver before they have closed up shop. Still waiting to use either set.
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2018 at 6:41am
How ya gonna keep that beauty on the road? WOW!

Mark
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2018 at 4:10pm
Beautiful engine! Nice job! 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

I am really surprised that the oil pickups are on the passenger side rather than on the drivers side. Typically a dry sup pan will always have the pickups on the drivers side. Looks nice, but you might have left some power on the table with it on the other side.

Tom

The pickups on the pan are on the passenger side because I chose to mount the pump on that side.  The Aviaid pump is a pretty big pump and I was worried it wouldn't fit on the drivers side due to the car having power steering.  However Aviaid designs the pan so that even though the connectors are on the passenger side, they are really scavenging from the drivers side.  I've attached a picture of the internal design of the Aviaid pan and you can see how it actually scavenges from the drivers side.  The picture is a Chevey pan and not the actual AMC pan, but the design is the same.

Wayne
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2018 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by jpnjim jpnjim wrote:

Beautiful machine!

I'd love to see a Traco intake on it,
but with the power you're already making it would be for style points more than anything else.

Did you consider running a cross ram at all, or were you trying to stay TA period correct with the single carb?

I'd love to build an earlier Javelin TA tribute to the short time they ran tunnel rams,
but the later Javelins like yours looks so much better in TA trim I'd want both! LOL

Very nice car either way,
thanks for building what the rest of us are dreaming about. Clap

I didn't consider a cross ram because I am trying to stay correct to the actual 71 car, and of course, the cross ram wasn't allowed in 71.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic