TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

T-5 Adapter for 50-71 AMC Six!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsprengeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 7:10am
I'm interested in one also, so that make 5 - right?

Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 7:33am
Originally posted by jsprengeler jsprengeler wrote:

I'm interested in one also, so that make 5 - right?

Sounds like this group of 5 need to let him know, either by phone or with one spokesman and get him deposits.

I have talked to him on the phone and he spent a long time too.

I'd not hesitate waiting for one to be machined and if he has 5 spoken for I would expect it is pretty fair bet that he will get another run done.
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
2019 Chrysler 300
fonze View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fonze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 10:38am
Arrrrh I need help he says he has two types one will set it back 28-29 inches and the other will set it back about 20 and I have no clue were that would be. I gotta admit I got pretty short arms so I don't know how that will all shake out any input would be helpful he said there are to types of t-5 depending on which one I want I couldn't get all the info i wanted to ask cause I got the kids right now
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 10:59am
The set back is dependent on the transmission used, not the adapter itself. The 28-29" one is for a standard Ford T-5, the 20" for a hybrid T-5 that has to be sourced from Modern Driveline. The 28-29" setback will put the shifter between bucket seats, so if you want to keep a bench seat you have to use the 20" model. You can get different length shifter levers, so the length of your arms isn't a problem. If you want a tall shifter (for short arms) you will have to change to an aftermarket shift lever. 
Frank Swygert
fonze View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fonze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 11:09am
I don't have bucket seats so I guess that's an easy one so the 20 inch one will be the run of the mill t-5 and plus I like to pull the seat up pretty close so maybe the 20inch will be the ticket on Mon ill call again for prices and what kind of instructions are available. Gotta make sure its idiot proof so me or a mechanic can do it up easy peasy then I gotta find out if I need a speciel shaft and all that jazz all this so someday I can have a 5 speed
peterson1245 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterson1245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2014 at 12:05pm
Has the group of 5 already contacted him? I am very very interested in buying one of these. I just placed a call to MDL but he didn't answer so i left a message. I would be willing to drop a deposit so i could have one of these. Please keep me in the loop on whether or not we are going to be able to get on of these.
fonze View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fonze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2014 at 12:14pm
I called last month and he said he had two types one for 28 inches and another for 20 inches meaning that's how far back it will set the stick back same trans but different models I guess. I haven't called back cause of finances :/

Edited by fonze - May/30/2014 at 12:30pm
RebelRay View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2014 at 12:47pm
I've been him-hawing over this for a while.  My car is so original that I'm afraid to "ruin" by cutting a hole in the floor (and likely having to change my seats to buckets), but I drive my car and the old 3 on the tree is not in the best shape and a T5 would make it so much more streetable.  Maybe it's time I bite the bullet before they're all gone.

Ray
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2014 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by RebelRay RebelRay wrote:

I've been him-hawing over this for a while.  My car is so original that I'm afraid to "ruin" by cutting a hole in the floor (and likely having to change my seats to buckets), but I drive my car and the old 3 on the tree is not in the best shape and a T5 would make it so much more streetable.  Maybe it's time I bite the bullet before they're all gone.

Ray
or just buy it and keep it in case?
fonze View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fonze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2014 at 7:03pm
That's exactly why I was considering this it would be nice to sock it away for a later day
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic