TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

T10 front bearing retainer‏

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italy-sstjav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T10 front bearing retainer‏
    Posted: Jul/23/2014 at 9:35am
hi from Italy

i know that there is search function, i've already read a lot of threads  about the subject, but i still have some doubt.

On my 1970 360 cid SST Javelin T10 manual transfer the front bearing retainer it's broken.

The external diameter of the retainer is 1.314", so it is the newer, thinner and weaker part fitted into 70 and newer cars.

I now that the older retainer fitted until 69 in far much better, but it needs to change also the front bearing and i don't want because requires more work and my bearing is still in good conditions.

Where i can found the original retainer for my car (so the newer and "weaker" version)?

If isn't possible to find the original one and i've to upgrade with the older and stronger retainer, which other parts i've to buy, over the 1.405" diameter retainer and the front bearing?

tnx a lot
amc67rogue View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc67rogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2014 at 9:59am
The only difference is the throw out bearing , the front bearing in the trans is the same. The only other part might be the ball stud in the bell housing that holds the pivot ball for the throw out fork .
Keith Coggins 67Rogue X code
Snotty View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2014 at 11:34am
Check this page from APDs catalog. Both the bearings and the retainer are listed:

http://www.americanpartsdepot.com/tranbear.htm
Son's car: '73 Gremlin X, 401, T-10, Mopar 8.75 rear with 3.23 sure grip. My car: '70 Newport Convertible, 440 automatic
italy-sstjav View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italy-sstjav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 5:29am
tnx, in seems that only apd has this parts

so i've to buy:

960 1701A:retainer
960 4001A: bearing (one or two required?)
960 2100:seal

what about ball stud and pivot ball? (mines are broken...)

amc67rogue View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc67rogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 8:17am
You're trans allready has the correct front bearing .
Keith Coggins 67Rogue X code
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic