TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

T 10 parts needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amxvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T 10 parts needed
    Posted: Nov/07/2018 at 3:43pm
I need a good  2.23 first gear and maybe a main shaft anything out there ?
rodhhrod View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodhhrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2018 at 3:58pm
That doesn't sound good.
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2018 at 5:40am
I may have good gear and shaft, but I need a few days to look, I am on a 12 hour day/7 days a week right now.....

Do you know what year the trans is?  There are two different main shafts, they different thickness shoulders and have to use the matching style gear that mates to it.  Early 1967-1972-3 have thin flange, late is thick flange.
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
70amxvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amxvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2018 at 10:17pm
What flange do i need to check ? Case says 68 but i know its been rebuilt a few times
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 12:09am
Where throwout bearing slides on.. It will be thick ( earlier) or thin..( later) .earlier are less prone to break.
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 6:17am
Originally posted by bigbadgreen bigbadgreen wrote:

Where throwout bearing slides on.. It will be thick ( earlier) or thin..( later) .earlier are less prone to break.

Has NOTHING to due with the throw out bearing.  It is the flange internal that the mid plate bearing rides against and nestles into the after most gear on the main shaft.  I have not been home much and will get you info as soon as I can.

Thanks.
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 8:19am
Good to KNOW. As i have about 10 t 10s laying around.Only one has earlier throw out bearing sleeve.Only rebuilt one so far.I bought a second gear from you (Ross) .Still have it though.Engagement teeth had wear like the one i had already, so i bought one from another member.( might not have mattered, just wanted to be safe than sorry)
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 6:30pm
I have a T-10 I purchased that had a broken Ear repaired ... I think it looks like a good professional weld on the cast I was going to use it for a spare or sell it.... in other words I would sell it if there is an interest in it on the forum here
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout     
70amxvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amxvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2018 at 4:54pm
update,

I work at a GMC dealership and my trans guy is working on the t 10 on his lunch break .So this is a slow process which is fine by me. The hold up is or the question to you all is. First gear,  is there a bearing between the gear and the main shaft ? It appears this has heated up and is mushroomed out preventing first gear to be removed. He has a press but is going slowly not to damage the main shaft. He says it looks like it got to hot ? He is trying to grind away this excess metal to allow first gear to be removed. The gear spins but is is not smooth.Any ideas ?

Now way back in 2004 i had a Javelin that had a fresh t 10 rebuild. I did a big burn out and the trans got stuck in first it,  would not budge. I had the t 10 tore apart .That rebuilder said first gear was welded to the main shaft and even with his press it would not budge.He got all the used parts together but would not assembly it because the bearings were not correct .He said he checked all his sources and there should be a almost 30-45% angle from the I.D of the bearing to allow gear oil to travel more freely.I did find a AMC OEM bearing and when i showed it to him he said this is what we need ? Have you heard of incorrect bearings in the rebuild kits ?

I thank you all on used parts but let me know what i really need once it is tore apart the stamp on the main case is 8 24 68
thegearfather View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegearfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:17am
Originally posted by 70amxvegas 70amxvegas wrote:

I need a good  2.23 first gear and maybe a main shaft anything out there ?
I have a mainshaft with the .255 thick flange between 2nd and 3rd gear gear..might have the 1st gear also....612-309-3999..........612-309-3999
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic