TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Stock Eliminator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stock Eliminator
    Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 6:52pm
Anyone here running in stock classes? If so, what are you running and how well are you doing? 
Mytcar34 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mytcar34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 9:08pm
I would like to know also as I have a old 68 amx stocker running a 390 auto I think it fits in D/SA there running about a 10.65 et. but not sure.
Mytcar
68 AMX
34 Ford
2004 Mustang Funny Car
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2014 at 11:05am
Years ago there was a guy running a wagon w/304/auto but have not seen him around in years.

It has also been a few years since Garret ran his 70 machine in stock class. From what he posted it is a lot of work to go fast using all stock parts. IIRC just to find rockers that all had matched the same ratio & lift he went thru 5 or 6 complete sets. That is just for the rockers now do this for EVERY part on the car. Some like the challenge of that then add extra parts needed if something breaks at the track and that is just a little bit of what is needed.

I would say if you have not done so yet run a few years of brackets at your local track. If you run in the top say 20 of 100 cars for 2+ years and you make all the races to earn points and you still want to run S.E. go for it.
Yes I ran brackets (using a street car I towed to the track) for a few years to see if I wanted to run for points and that was a lot of work. I was asked by the track to come to some events you had to be asked to enter and was doing ok in the class I ran in. It turned into work even running spring & fall, too hot during summer, to be fun anymore.
Good luck if you follow thru with this and keep us posted.
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 5:24pm
I know its a ton of time, energy and Money to be competitive. 

Was just wondering if anyone had input from running a car. 

No real interest in campaigning a car right now but am seriously thinking of building an engine to a class spec and  see what kind of power I can get out of it. 

I have to get a NHRA membership to get the information I need, that is where I will start.
Class Guy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2014 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by jcisworthy jcisworthy wrote:

I have to get a NHRA membership to get the information I need, that is where I will start.

Go here instead:

www.classracerinfo.com
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2014 at 1:15pm
Thank you. 
Mytcar34 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mytcar34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 6:16pm
I think my 390 AMX will fit in D/S the index is 11.50 of course if you run against another d stocker its heads up you would need to run somewhere around a 10.30 to be competitive. would take close to 600 hp.
Mytcar
68 AMX
34 Ford
2004 Mustang Funny Car
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic