TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Spring Charlotte Autofair - AMC! - Event Date: Apr/11/2015 - Apr/12/2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Spring Charlotte Autofair - AMC!
    Posted: Mar/23/2015 at 5:42pm
Carolina AMC (www.carolinaamc.com) has some slots available in the club area for Saturday and Sunday (or one day if you want). Space is limited, so first come first serve! We only have 20 slots, 10 are taken by club members already!! Registration is $20, but that includes two passes for each day ($10 each at the gate) and if you drive your AMC in free parking (another $10 a day outside). The only catch is they like you have your car there by 8 am and not leave until 3 pm. Large swap meet, inside track, pitt area, and two large fields outside usually full in spring! Call Robert or Debbie at 803-331-3179, or visit club website. Better call Robert or Debbie even if you register on the site, or before, to make sure we have a slot for you!

Swap meet starts on Thursday (9th),  but car show is only the 11th and 12th. Get your call in soon!!
Frank Swygert
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2015 at 12:13pm
My brother and I are driving down from Baltimore....first time for me, but my brother goes every year. Hope to see some AMC's there, and maybe find a few parts (bucket seats and tracks). Also hoping to stop by Collier on the way down.
72 Gremlin X
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2015 at 2:12pm
Just spoke with Collier ...looks like we're goin' in!
72 Gremlin X
NC74Matador View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC74Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2015 at 3:02pm
Might be soggy on Friday but Saturday/ Sunday look great! Have fun! It's an incredible event. 
We are passing this year since Friday is our favorite day to attend (less crowded). Maybe next year we will bring our X, again only if the weather cooperates. We've been about 6 times and it never gets old.
1974 AMC Matador X SOLD
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2015 at 6:50pm
I don't know exactly where Carolina AMC is this year, but they are in the club area, grass pit area of the track. We always have 20-25 spaces, and in the spring they are always full! We usually get at least 20 cars for the fall show, but sometimes have trouble getting enough in fall. There are fewer vendors in the fall, but the infield of the track is always full and one of the fields on the outside is usually half full of vendors. All three fields on the outside are usually full in spring -- at least two of them full, the third may be 1/2 to 3/4 capacity...
Frank Swygert
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC74Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2015 at 8:24am
How was it? A couple of my friends went and said it was dry Friday. I could kill the weathermen!!
Any photos to share? AMC turnout??
1974 AMC Matador X SOLD
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2015 at 8:53am
I was there Friday and Saturday...weather was excellent both days! Only one AMC (Gremlin) on the track display cars. But Carolina AMC Club was there on Saturday with all the other car clubs. There were about 20 AMC's, including Pacers, Gremlins, AMX, Eagle wagon, and a few Ramblers.I can post a few photos later. 
72 Gremlin X
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC74Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2015 at 9:26am
Please do. 
I'm glad the weather cooperated for you. 
1974 AMC Matador X SOLD
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2015 at 4:24pm
All the club cars (all clubs) were under the stands this year. There is a race this weekend and the track people say that tire cleaner leaves dead spots in the grass that take 2-3 weeks to recover. It's from people cleaning tires on show day, spraying it on the grass. Clean the freakin' tires (car!!) before you go!! Shouldn't be any more than a wipe down needed at the event.  Anyway, they wanted everything perfect for the people who pay top dollar to park oil leaking RVs on the grass race day...
Frank Swygert
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC74Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2015 at 5:55pm
Not sure I would have liked being under the stands. No atmosphere there. Did you guys happen to see this car there? Any info about it? 

1974 AMC Matador X SOLD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic