TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

shock question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shock question
    Posted: Aug/11/2014 at 5:21pm
looking for some adjustable rear drag race type shock for the back of my American (has caltracs) anybody have a mfgr and a part number?

67 american 290/4speed
390spirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2014 at 12:58pm
caltracs recommends Rancho RS9000's I believe, I'd contact them and see if they can help you out

I have a buddy that runs caltracs on his mopar and that's what they sent him with his "kit"
tubbedamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubbedamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2014 at 9:22am
I don't have a part number, but I have QA1 double adjustable shocks on the amx (Stock front suspension/Calvert rear suspension). I measured the distance between the shock mounts with the car at rest and with the suspension hanging.   Called QA1 and they made the shocks.

Couldn't be happier with there performance.
SteveOB View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2014 at 3:42pm
The Calvert rear adjustable shocks are pretty sweet. You can feel the difference every click of the adjustment. I called them & they made me a set. No extra charge. 
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2014 at 10:24am
 RANCHO #R399115

AMX1972 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2014 at 10:46pm
I have Rancho RS9000's on the back of mine with Cal-Tracs. Seems to work pretty good, wasn't so great with shackles, but I switched to sliders to free everything up, and as an aside it cleared up an issue that I was having with the shocks hitting full extension and making the car "bunny hop". 60' now is in the 1.55 range on a decent track, and has been as low as 1.51 on a good sticky track.   This is with Hoosier 29.5x10.5W's and a 4.10 gear.   
1972 Javelin AMX T/A Red 360/4 speed

1968 AMX "The Pied Piper" "Cam Only" 390/727 1/8th mile bracket racer on E-85. 10.92@121.9 mph.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic