TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

shipper from Canada East Coast to Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2018 at 7:48am
Hornet running as nice as it looks?

Them 2 Rebels look the part together there
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2018 at 5:36pm
It was fun following the rebels down the highway. Yeah they are both very tidy !

Hornet ran good, brakes were great, steering nice with no slop. Sat on the road nice, suspension and ride good. Motor ran strong but I Did get a noticeable tappet noise when I sat on highway speed for 10-15 min. Something I need checked out. Couple of other minor issues, but all understandable for a car that has been damaged and not driven for 18 months.
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 2:38am
Still got a few issues that must be sorted before I can take it interstate to the big dance, but that can be expected with classic cars.

Got a couple of pics out in the sunlight yesterday by the bay ........

Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2018 at 3:54pm
How are the car issues going? Nothing too serious I hope? Don't scare me like that Tongue Amazing how many people looking forward to standing near your car Smile
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2018 at 7:43pm
Yeah mate, now that I am finally getting some miles in the car and discovering what needs to be addressed before I can take the long drive South.
Have found a range of electrical issues .......... No tail lights or front parkers, windscreen wipers ........ And more importantly the temp gauge not working.
I have a major leak coming out of the power steering. Have a decision to make with the diff. Have found the gearing ratio is more suited to drag racing than highway cruising. Sitting on 100k speed limit has the tachometer showing 3000+ revs. Also had a distinct tappet noise coming from the motor sitting on those highway speeds.

Got a few other minor issues, but those listed above are being looked at now with the car being in my mechanics workshop.

Certainly a race against the clock but I am desperate to get it to the show.
Had a few bits of exterior trim fall off it the other day, so it may look a little ordinary in that area.
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2018 at 4:04pm
Me and my baby ................... Getting ready to join a charity cruise last weekend in Brisbane, Australia.

Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2018 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Craigie Craigie wrote:

Me and my baby ................... Getting ready to join a charity cruise last weekend in Brisbane, Australia.

Looking good! Happy for you.
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2018 at 2:26am
Sadly, I didn't make it to the big dance down South.
The motor was not up for the long run, in fact it wasn't good to go anywhere, after the oil pressure was checked and found to be dangerously low.
We made the call to pull the motor to source the issue ...........

Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2018 at 2:49am
The 360 has now been pulled down into a pile of pieces, some ok, some not so good .............. A major rebuild is the only option to save this one !
It was discovered that some thick chunky sludge in the Oil pan, was blocking the oil pick-up, starving the engine of oil. Very lucky not to have detonated the motor with it being in this condition. The pistons were showing some disturbing burn marks ...........

No point crying over spilt milk, suck it up and on with the rebuild !
Yes the money will hurt quite a bit ..........

Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2018 at 3:16am
Damn, the saga continues.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
  Share Topic