TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

shipper from Canada East Coast to Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trans Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2017 at 10:58am
COME ON......WHAT IS YOUR CAR OF YOUR DREAMS ?....FILL IN THE BLANKS
WAS OUT THAT WAY THIS SUMMER FOUND A 2 DOOR RED MATADOR /REBEL 70-71 SEEN FROM 100 YARDS AWAY WIFE WOULDN'T  LET ME STOP,.....WELL IT'S CHRISTMAS NOW AND SHE IS GETTING A LUMP OF COAL   LOL
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2017 at 9:58pm
Could not be happier with the way the paint has come together. Colour is brilliant !
Yes Jason, look forward to seeing your Hornet mate. Hope you can get it along for the big show. A big row of Hornets on the grass will be awesome !!
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 9:55pm
another month on and now oh so very close to having the Hornet approved and registered for road use .............. Maybe a week away from the first pics of it being driven !
Paint and bodywork done, although it will go back for some minor touch-ups at some stage. Mechanic has been right through it and given a service, oil change, plugs etc.............. Hornet running sweet as a nut ! I have driven it about 50 yards from the tow truck to the garage ......... very very exciting for me !!
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Craigie Craigie wrote:

another month on and now oh so very close to having the Hornet approved and registered for road use .............. Maybe a week away from the first pics of it being driven !
Paint and bodywork done, although it will go back for some minor touch-ups at some stage. Mechanic has been right through it and given a service, oil change, plugs etc.............. Hornet running sweet as a nut ! I have driven it about 50 yards from the tow truck to the garage ......... very very exciting for me !!
Really happy for you. From the Grateful Dead's song Truckin'........"What a long strange trip it's been"

Edited by Sonic Silver - Jan/18/2018 at 10:29pm
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2018 at 12:45am
Yes SS it certainly has been !

Been a crazy ride the last 12 months, nothing like I had hoped it would be. anyhow, turn the clock forward that 12 months and here we are ... Hornet seeing daylight again and close to drive time !

Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 8:43pm
Drove the Hornet home today, first time on Australian roads. Very happy to finally get to this point.
Was a wet day so took it very easy. Hope for some dry conditions on the weekend and get it out on the highway .............

Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Craigie Craigie wrote:

Drove the Hornet home today, first time on Australian roads. Very happy to finally get to this point.
Was a wet day so took it very easy. Hope for some dry conditions on the weekend and get it out on the highway .............

Looks exactly like mine, except I have blackwall tires.
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2018 at 3:03pm
Nice vehicle. Better than todays cars by a long way.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2018 at 2:42am
Good to see it finally on the road.

Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2018 at 10:22pm

First cruise, out for a nice morning with the local club.

I joined the 55 Hudson and 2 sharp looking Rebels. Being the weather was a bit iffy on the day, most members came in their daily drivers for our breakfast get-to-gether.

Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic