TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

shipper from Canada East Coast to Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2017 at 8:59pm
Any luck?

Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2017 at 10:05pm
The settlement is being wired, just getting all the account details sorted. Hopefully a smooth process from here ............
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 7:58am
The suspense is killing me
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 7:09pm
These last min delays are killing me too, fingers crossed the cash comes through in the next few days .............. The panel shop is also running well behind on the rebuild
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2017 at 9:13pm
settlement payment sent last week but still not arrived ? My bank is searching for it .............................

Visited the Hornet in the shop earlier this week.
Bodywork is coming along nicely, great repair of the lower crushed sill .
All the acrylic blue will be taken off, a 2-pac primer applied with 2-pac top coat in 'House of Colours' type, quality paint.
Completion date pushed back till December

Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2017 at 9:21pm
Nice progress. Man, that looks just like mine, except mine didn't get trashed. Keep us posted.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2017 at 9:50pm
[QUOTE=Craigie]settlement payment sent last week but still not arrived ? My bank is searching for it .............................

Mate something doesn't sound right there. I would still be talking with your lawyer. That mob is turning my guts over and its not even my car. Keep at them. Hope that money turns up and we can all (especially you) breath a sigh of relief very soon

Geeez they done a nice job of the sill panel! Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Nov/08/2017 at 9:53pm
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2017 at 6:10pm
SETTLEMENT HAS BEEN PAID !!!!!!!!!!!

9 months of frustration has been eased today, the future of the Hornet rebuild is now assured ! Oh man, I am so relieved ..............

I have had to suck up a fair chunk of the rebuild costs but without this settlement I was dead in the water.

That first cruise is now a whole lot closer ......
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2017 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Craigie Craigie wrote:

9 months of frustration has been eased today, the future of the Hornet rebuild is now assured ! Oh man, I am so relieved ..............

I have had to suck up a fair chunk of the rebuild costs but without this settlement I was dead in the water.

Great to hear! Big smile
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2017 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Craigie Craigie wrote:

Good you finally had a bit of a win.
A Brisbane car transport company damaged one of our cars while it was in their care. Two separate times on the same journey. They used a subcontractor for part of the trip.
I drove 1,700km to meet the bloke who runs the show and see him face to face. He says he's on to it, got my doubts and started in on fixing things at my own cost.
Seeing you get some compensation from way overseas is encouraging.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic