TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

shipper from Canada East Coast to Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2017 at 9:43pm
No bbgjav, Far from settled sadly !
Still waiting for a revised settlement offer from the Shipping broker.
Full of promises but could only try and low-ball me with the first settlement offer that was totally unacceptable.

We can drive all year round in Australia, but who knows when I will have the car repaired and out driving ?? unlikely to be before Christmas at this point.
Car was wrecked in November 2016, so this is dragging on ...........
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2017 at 11:07pm
a second and final settlement offer was sent to me last week.

Low ball again, a tick over half the amount of my claim

After tormenting over it for days, I felt I had no other option but to accept it and try and put this crap behind me. a protracted legal battle was only going to drain me of any money I may have had in the bank to help repair the Hornet. The difficulty of being on the other-side of the world had always put me behind the 8 ball and the shipping companies and broker in the Northern Hemisphere had me bent over a barrel from the start.
I sign off on the settlement in the next couple of days............ and a few weeks before the money is deposited.
Just waiting to see if I have to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of the paperwork ?

I will be eating a big chunk of the repair costs which makes my blood boil ........... but I am sure driving the SC around will help put a smile on my face.
Hope to get the car in the shop in the next few weeks and have it ready for some Christmas cruising here in Brisbane, Australia !
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2017 at 6:13am
Not the best outcome, but at least you will be able to move on. Sadly these days taking legal action is a luxury for the rich.
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2017 at 6:36am
Sorry to hear that. Sadly, when the cost of the battle far outweighs the value of the outcome, it becomes a wash.. Better to take the best they offer before it starts costing you more.
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2017 at 10:48pm
Yes, I had to suck it up and move on if I was ever going to get my car repaired. It's been a nightmare !
Long road still ahead, but I am know at lease making steps in the right direction ..................
It would have been an interesting legal battle if I money to fight it ...............
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2017 at 10:55pm
Well it seems I will be finding money to fight it now ........... The dishonourable sods have now stalled and not paying up after all that time spent reaching an agreement !

Future plans for the repairs and car shows are now on hold while I seek justice ! I am working with a law firm on this right now..........
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2017 at 10:58pm
ADVECTUS TRANSPORT ........... Remember the name.
Took my money for insurance and now trying to stiff me !!!
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2017 at 11:44pm
The good thing these days is there is a lot of power in the forum's and especially facebook etc. Especially facebook to spread the names of scum companies like that all around the world. I hope everyone does spread that name around and bring them into disrepute. They deserve it because you paid the insurance. They admitted they damaged it. They should have easily paid up. Even if they didnt submit the insurance on your behalf I reckon your claim would be a drop in the ocean for them to be paid in cash. They are obviously not a company worth dealing with. You gave them more then enough chances mate and I hope you, and the AMC community can help sort scabs like this out that dont care about what they do so they dont rip others off Angry.
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2017 at 1:09am
Thanks for your never ending support 70Hornet.

Advectus Transport still have the opportunity to make things right, but it will be the legal fraternity keeping them honest from this point. They have chosen to not take the simple path and honour our agreement ......

Just to clarify a few things, I have given a short account below of what happened -

The car was wrecked in a trucking accident in Belgium involving the shipping line (ACL) and a truck driver they had contracted. As I had paid marine insurance to the Broker (Advectus Transport) back in the US, this is where I was best to seek compensation. I had paid them $500 US which was to cover me for up to $25 000 US. All parties except me, knew about the car being damaged back in November 2016. I was never told and found out when I went to collect the car from the Brisbane shipping terminal in Feb 2017 .............. Horrified !!!
Advectus Transport at no stage sent me any policy paperwork for my Insurance, yet after months of asking how my claim was progressing, I get told in around May 2017 that the insurance would only cover me for a total loss and not valid for my situation......... total BS, first I am told this and 6 months after the car is wrecked. Things progress from there with some sort of verbal agreement to make things right. In August this year I sign off on a settlement agreement ( way less than I need to fix the car but by now I am worn down from 6 months of being screwed over). after repeated requests for an update on my payment, I get nothing ......... and still I wait !

I signed off on the agreement with the CEO of Advectus Transport, Michael Liquori, on August 10. At this point he is proving to be a dishonourable man by not paying !
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2017 at 9:18pm
A quick update .............. there has been some positive developments. Hopefully a final resolution has been reached by this time next week .
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
  Share Topic