TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

shipper from Canada East Coast to Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2017 at 5:37pm
Yeah that might hurry them up a bit. Plus you dont want to let it get it too far down the track before you do seek outside assistance. Hope it all works out
bbgjav View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2017 at 2:11pm
Any news?
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2017 at 8:50pm
sadly.......... no !

I feel the shipper and the Insurance company have little interest in my plight and have failed in the simple task of keeping me informed on what is happening with my claim.

Almost 6 weeks since I lodged the claim .......... and the silence is disturbing !! My dream car remains wrecked and unable to be driven or put on the road................. I am at the mercy of these bastards who I paid to safely deliver the Hornet......... and I paid the extra Insurance in case a disaster should occur !
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 2:52am
Now 8 weeks on and still waiting ...............

There has been a development, I was contacted by 2 senior executives from the shipping broker when I got onto their website and Facebook page, questioning their loyalty to customers when cargo arrives damaged. The thought of negative publicity has kicked them into action !

Awaiting the results of a meeting between all shipping parties involved.
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2017 at 3:23am
and another week ................ there have been developments and promises, sort of ?
End of next week is a time I am given for a possible resolution.
Gosh I hope so, I want to get it into the shop and start the rebuild !
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2017 at 8:28am
Keep into them!!!

I sent a photo of your car to Eddie at Restored cars and he has included it on the back page of this edition (that wasn't my intention but is pretty cool anyhow as it is the first genuine SC/360 in Australia). Although I did tell Eddie it was damaged in transit I asked he not mention that in the text which he was happy to do.

You, and all of us, cant wait to hear some good new from the shipping insurance company that's for sure
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2017 at 10:35pm
Thanks Jason !
I am expecting an update on where the Insurance is at any day now. It has certainly been a hot potato that nobody seemed to want to deal with.

Thanks for sending the pic of my SC onto Eddie at Restored Cars. So I'm in the next edition .......... very COOL !! I WILL BE BUYING COPIES OF THAT ! Could make an interesting story now that it will be getting a full tear down and re re-build, full repaint etc when the ins is approved.
I will be pissed if it's not completed and ready for COTM 2018. That is the big show I want to get it too.

Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2017 at 4:23pm
Its in the issue at newsagents now. Restored cars #242, May-June on the last inner page
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2017 at 10:31pm
Thanks mate, got a copy !
sweet ................
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2017 at 10:35pm
A couple more weeks on and still no sign of a payout. Plenty of language to get my hopes up but not much being delivered.
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
  Share Topic